Is The 450 Bushmaster Dead?

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Is The 450 Bushmaster Dead?

Postby wildcatter » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:58 pm

Over on the other channel (http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_121/6751 ... dead_.html), they have the audacity to ask this question.

My take on this is well; they are the 458Socom/50 Beowulf “Only Channel”. With incredible wrath they constantly attack our guys.. “Who wants to put up with all that”?? Makes ya kind of proud of our guys!!

That’s my take, I included the link, that you may want to explain things some??

I can’t do it. Some time ago somebody claimed to be me and said some unkind things, over there and thus if I go over there and come out from behind curtain #1 they Horribly Excoriate me, so I don’t..

FYI, Cabella's and Midway Have been running Specials, all Spring/Summer and have reordered 4 plus times in the last three months. And this from only two companies, never mind the plethora of others ordering too and our own Scott from Caseville, MI is ordering them by truck load and at really great prices I might add!!

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Re: Is The 450 Bushmaster Dead?

Postby AR Sarge » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:57 pm

I feel the pain double. I am also a big fan of the 300blk round!

Arf.com has some very caustic folks at times. Some good ones too, but more than their share of intolerant folks.

The 450 Bushy is alive and kicking!
AR Sarge

Postby Al in Mi » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:29 am

I looked long and hard few years back before deciding on the 450. I have a buddy with a Beo, another with a 458 which are sweet............actually anything that goes bang is sweet to me and shooting buddies ammo is better than drinking his beer :o But brass let alone ammo, was scarce as hens teeth for both and that was looooooooong before the current (and hopefully past) ammo crunch, so the 450 was the choice and I haven't regretted it since.
Al in Mi

Postby pitted bore » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:12 pm

AR Sarge wrote: ... The 450 Bushy is alive and kicking!

The first post in the thread at Tim's link was dated 5/17/2015. Currently the last post is dated 5/25/2015. There are nine posts by nine different names, and only the first two knock the 450B. The other seven deny the 450B is dying. Some of these are apparently from individuals who post on this forum.

An unbiased individual reading the "is it dead" thread there would conclude the 450B is alive and well. Cartridges and rifles chambered for it may not get much play there because the persons using it and asking questions about it have found this site.

--Bob
pitted bore

Postby wildcatter » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:30 pm

pitted bore wrote:
AR Sarge wrote: ... The 450 Bushy is alive and kicking!

The first post in the thread at Tim's link was dated 5/17/2015. Currently the last post is dated 5/25/2015. There are nine posts by nine different names, and only the first two knock the 450B. The other seven deny the 450B is dying. Some of these are apparently from individuals who post on this forum.

An unbiased individual reading the "is it dead" thread there would conclude the 450B is alive and well. Cartridges and rifles chambered for it may not get much play there because the persons using it and asking questions about it have found this site.

--Bob

Though a great observation, it's not necessarily my point.

The other channel (as I am want to say) is notorious for putting the 450 Bushmaster and it's supporters completely down. Thus, with great glee, do some over there, jump with glee, at the suggestion that the 450b is dead! Even though the truth is vastly otherwise. Even their Code-of-Conduct was originally made at stemming the critizem of me and mine. Never Mind the the real crux of the question might be from within if examined with sincerity..

Although, the problem might be somewhat understandable, given that some, have spent so much money that is becomes somewhat necessary to defend their purchase, better known as denial, with their constant FTF problems, their lack of comparable power (to the 450), despite their claims. And Ammo Costs, well I quote but ONE Site (ammoseek.com). 11 posting for the socom ranging from $43-$66 dollars! 3 postings for the beowulf ranging from $59-$61 bucks vs our 450b at 38 posting ranging from $26.83-$38.39 all quotes are for 20rd boxes.

It's come to the point.. where I have for sometime been hearing the phrase.."bait and switch" when it come to describing the socom/beowulf problems!!

But again, to answer the Point of the question, "Is The 450 Bushmaster Dead"?

I say who wants to put up with the diatribe of the other channel, to explain it to them, thus the non-participation of the 450b crowd over there, being the real answer, in my opinion..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby wildcatter » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:11 am

FYI..

June's Sales were again way up, in fact setting records!!

Dead my Tookus!!

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Postby helidude350 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:05 pm

Well...
"Both" of my 450's might be a little dormant at the moment, but they aren't dead.

The 450's shall rise again! ( they actually haven't fallen, it was the .308 that I dropped).
Looks like a good excuse for for a new flag!

Replace the stars with bullet holes....
Maybe add a sheep dog, wild cat, helicopter , and a rifle...

And let's not forget the ar 500 I've got brewing. ;)
helidude350

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:32 am

As some of you may know, I am one of the Admins on our FB page. This year, we have been getting new members hot and heavy! This year alone, we've added over 115 new members not counting the two or three trolls we've had to boot.
Our current number stands at 613 members on the FaceBook group.
image.jpg
image.jpg (90.62 KiB) Viewed 17833 times

I want to personally thank Jay at Franklin Armory, James at Trident Armory, Bushmaster, Scott Walsh and David Smith for their contributions to the 450 Bushmaster name. If I left any other vendors or manufacturers out feel free to post them.

On a personal note, I know you guys have been wondering what's up with me. Yes, I must admit that I've been laying low lately and haven't posted any recent videos. There are a few reasons.
#1. My Go Pro cameras crapped out on me. I'm suspicious that the concussion of thumper may have taken one out and the other needs a firmware update.
#2. The weather here has been extremely wet for Texas and we've had floods all over the region and it's just too darn soggy to drive my truck through the pasture. And since my job involves water/wastewater treatment, I have been busier than a one legged man at a kick fight at work.
#3. In January of this year, my mom fell and broke her shoulder and this started a chain of events that led to mom being moved into a nursing home facility and I have take. On the responsibility of being her power of attorney. So now, I have to handle not only my daily finances, I also have to handle moms. It's been a very rough year for me.
I do have a few projects in the works and I've totally reconfigured my 6.5 Grendel, built another AR and I'm working on some custom loads for the 450 Bushmaster and the 6.5 Grendel. But it's having to be done in my spare time. Time I don't have much of right now. I am currently fighting two legal battles for mom that I really can't go into here. But as soon as things calm down over here, I will get busy to get caught up. Meanwhile, without good cameras, my You Tube projects are dead in the water.
Oh yeah. Wildcatter. Glad to see you back. Please take care of yourself and call me when you get some time.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby glock23c » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:35 am

Seems like the barfcom crowd has to try to justify their purchases. They want to hollar "uses true rifle bullets", heck, I have no need to use a 500 grain bullet for north Arkansas whitetails. The 250 grain gummy tip killed both deer it shot last year and passed completely through.

I purchased my 450 upper about a year ago for deer hunting. I see 450 ammo in several stores locally, I have never seen a single round of 458 or 50 on any store shelf I've ever looked at.

Right now, the local Academy has their 450 ammo marked down to $16.98 per box of 20. At 85 cents a round for factory ammo I can't reload it that cheap. I'll shoot it and then sell the once fired brass.

If you aren't one of the high speed, low drag guys over there your opinion doesn't mean anything to them.
glock23c

Postby m113103 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:15 pm

That bullet selection used to be true until COP and Barnes stepped up. First they dissed the 454 casull , until better bullets came along. Then the 460 S&W mag and the bullet mfg stepped up again. So the Bushmaster has a good selection to choose from now. :D :P
m113103

Next

Return to Off Topic