Disturbing news from an admin

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Disturbing news from an admin

Postby kottke_35 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:55 pm

Hey guys. I will be receiving periodic updates from Dawg over the next couple weeks and will keep you poster on his condition. In the meantime; good luck Dawg! Prayers for a speedy recovery!

B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:06 pm

Bryan, it will probably be a family member who calls or texts you. I probably won't be able to for at least a few days. Take care y'all. See ya on the other side. Out.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby kottke_35 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:09 am

Hey guys. Got news the Dawg is doing well. Procedure was successful and he is recovering nicely.

B.

-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Postby mossyoakscout » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:47 am

kottke_35 wrote:Hey guys. Got news the Dawg is doing well. Procedure was successful and he is recovering nicely.

B.

That is great to hear. Hope recovery goes well too.

May God be with you,

Mossy,
mossyoakscout

Postby jerdebson » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:30 pm

I'm glad to hear Robin is doing well. I gave blood twice a year for many years, they sent me several (X) "gallon" pins, but I came down with a problem and they no longer can use my blood.

My thoughts and prayers are with you my old friend.
Jerry

NRA Benefactor Member, Whittington Center Life Member, USPSA Life Member, SASS Life Member, LJRC Life Member

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
jerdebson

Postby kottke_35 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:51 am

Update:

"Robin was discharged late yesterday evening and is now home resting. The doc still has Robin on opiates for pain and this will continue during Robins healing. We are still waiting for the pathology report from the cancerous kidney to determine what stage of cancer Robin has.
The surgeon says that the tumor had grown to half the size of Robins kidney. While the immediate threat is now removed, we don't know if the doctor got it all, or if there is a chance of the cancer having already spread "cell wise" into other parts of his organs.
This may be just the beginning of treatment for Robin. The pathology of the tumor will tell what stage cancer Robin had/has. This could mean further treatments. Apparently, Robin is not out of the woods yet but at least the kidney with the issue has been removed. Robin has a follow up appointment in two weeks. We will know more by then. "

B.

-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:30 pm

Hi guys. Checking in.
Having some intestinal issues now, but the meds are working and things are slowly improving. My guts are apparently battling over who gets the new parking spot.

Bryan. Thanks, bro.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Hoot » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:26 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:Hi guys. Checking in.
Having some intestinal issues now, but the meds are working and things are slowly improving. My guts are apparently battling over who gets the new parking spot.

Bryan. Thanks, bro.

Great to hear from you so soon Robin! Opioids will screw up your poop mechanism. Hopefully they gave you some laxatives to take, that don't mess with your other treatment regimen.

John
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:48 pm

Hoot wrote:
Texas Sheepdawg wrote:Hi guys. Checking in.

Bryan. Thanks, bro.

Great to hear from you so soon Robin! Opioids will screw up your poop mechanism. Hopefully they gave you some laxatives to take, that don't mess with your other treatment regimen.

John

Yeah. Three days of dilaudid and hydracodone and a prescription for even more. So doc did give me a prescription for the guts to get organized. My arms look like someone slammed them in a truck door. Bruised as heck from blown veins. Left arm is almost clear but my right arm looks awful.
Okay, that's all for now. I'm too stoned to talk about anything more serious. Peace Out.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby helidude350 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:17 am

Glad to hear you are recovering.

New parking spot..... That's funny! :lol:

Hope we hear noise from your range soon.

Happy Thanksgiving!
helidude350

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic