Lab Radar

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Lab Radar

Postby Hoot » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:23 am

MarkCO wrote:I have shot with several shooters on the line and arrays of steel and paper targets and never got a fault or picked up another shooters shot. Other shooters maybe 10 feet to my right. I checked the display after every shot for about 40 rounds and it got them all, with no add ins.

Thanks Mark. That's pretty selective. So much for speeding down the road thinking I'm shielded by the mass of that semi coming down the opposite side when the squad car on the other side of him is in full sight. :|

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Re: Lab Radar

Postby MarkCO » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:39 am

Most LEAs use Laser now anyway. They only need a few square inches of flat surface, so they aim at the license plate if they can. I hear if you dent up, or bend your plate, it makes it hard to get a good reading.

A lot of State Troopers still run instant on Radar that is hard mounted, but the constant on Radar is not very common anymore. Linked to testicular cancer when cops hold the radar gun between their legs to try and beat radar detectors.

Talk about drift...
MarkCO

Previous

Return to Off Topic