2011 SHOT Show

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: 2011 SHOT Show

Postby bushmeister » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:38 pm

Check with Hornady and see if they are going to continue loading our round. There are some rumors floating around on arfcom from an unreliable source that they aren't. I'd like to know a little more than rumors.
bushmeister

Postby BillytheKid » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:52 pm

Hornady - booth 13145

Please ring their bell for non lead rounds in .450b.

Yeah, yeah, the condor zone, blah, blah.... But, soon enough, the whole ammo industry will be pushed toward non lead projectiles, even the military is rumored to be pushing non lead for their practice ranges.

Thanks in advance,
Bill
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby wildcatter » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:34 am

bushmeister wrote:Check with Hornady and see if they are going to continue loading our round. There are some rumors floating around on arfcom from an unreliable source that they aren't. I'd like to know a little more than rumors.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah..it's "The" I hate the 450 Bushmaster Crowd over at ARFCOM, again. I will be talking to Hornady, but I already know the answer, because we are discussing the introduction of new rounds and which bullets to put on them. Some of the Pre-talk has centered around a "Dangerous Game" round with their 325gr FTX. That's a .458 diameter bullet now, but they seem to like your work at sizing the .458 down to .452 dia. (Yes, they and many other biggies read your posts, which they do so, only because you are so civil and respectful, otherwise they'd just tune us out, like they have many of the other channels.). A police loading in maybe the 230gr FMJ-FP (for high penetration) and the 230gr Hollow Point (for no penetration), this so they can keep the same point of aim for both bullets and accomplish far different missions. The talk has already been about making a Superformance loading as well (the increase in speed should be around 150+fps). Of course, this is all talk and results might be quite different.

I heard about the quote "campfire talk" over at arfcom, and that it was made by someone who has an Axe to grind, and should have known better to echo such tripe. That person, it is said, is irresponsible, and is not unlike the political left blaming us for the Tucson Shooting, that is, scoring cheap points, done very cheaply.

Does anyone care to confirm who it was over there, that is spreading such demeaning hyperbole..t
Last edited by wildcatter on Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Siringo » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:07 am

To add -- if you haven't already noticed -- Hornady if going in the direction to be THE ammo maker in the USA. From my buddies in the reloading business -- this is Hornady's goal. It is also the reason why empty unfired cases cost more. They are not going to just limit themselves to components, but loaded quality ammo.
Siringo

Postby thatguy » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:09 pm

bushmeister wrote:Check with Hornady and see if they are going to continue loading our round. There are some rumors floating around on arfcom from an unreliable source that they aren't. I'd like to know a little more than rumors.

Is this in reference to the post about someone asking for comparison between upper costs, ammo etc.?? The guy that modified my original post there to say "hornady MADE ammo" for the 450 b and then stated that that was the rumor he had heard - I am 99.9% sure is one of the biggest builders of the 458 Socoms - so he may be feeling some heat from the 450B's popularity..

Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby bushmeister » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:57 pm

wildcatter wrote:Yeah, Yeah, Yeah..it's "The" I hate the 450 Bushmaster Crowd over at ARFCOM, again. I will be talking to Hornady, but I already know the answer, because we are discussing the introduction of new rounds and which bullets to put on them. Some of the Pre-talk has centered around a "Dangerous Game" round with their 325gr FTX. I heard about the quote "campfire talk" over at arfcom....Does anyone care to confirm who it was over there, that is spreading such demeaning hyperbole..t

Some guy with the screen name MartyW. He seems to have an agenda, but IMO, everyone has a right to point out facts. I just don't care for rumors around the campfire that can't be substantiated. I think this is the same one that said 458's couldn't be swaged down to be shot out of a 450B, if I recall correctly. Here's a link if anyone is interested. BTW I am Bushmister over there, as Bushmeister was already taken by some thug trying to profit from my impeccable online reputation :lol: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b ... 1&t=523418 I don't go there often, but I am planning on buying/building a 5.56 soon, so I try to weed through the muck to get factual information to help me make an informed decision. That is why rumors just don't cut it. Catter, please stop by the red H and green R booths and come back and report the facts for us. I would appreciate it. And get Barnes by the ear. I think they can really make something exciting for us.
bushmeister

Postby Siringo » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:55 pm

"MartyW" is the gentleman that came up with the 458 Socum (Teppo Justu). Not worth pissing in the wind boys!!!! Let 'em play in there own sandbox.
Siringo

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:02 am

If there is anything that drives me Nutz, it's pro gunners cannibalizing
their own brethren. We are all in this adventure together. This is a country
Famous for competitive free market. If the 450B is more popular, there
Is a good reason. If the "other" big bore fellas don't like it, well
get back in the drawing room, sharpen a pencil, bust your butts
and show everyone something that is effective, reasonable in cost
And then give us a reason to fall in love with that cartridge.
But the bad mouthing, and gratuitous 450 Bushmaster bashing
BS is NO WAY to make me want to look at a 458 or any other
Product. "My junk is bigger than your junk" is the typical banter
of a childish, jealous mindset. I have seen this same behaviour
on another forum and it totally divided and diluted the cause to
a point that the organization crumbled for a time. UNITY.
No matter what, pro-gunners must remain united. OR WE
WILL FALL like a house of cards.
The reason I ended up on this forum was because of the content
and the very apparent civility. If you like a 458 and can afford it?
Hey! That's fantastic! But don't trash me and my choices if they don't
Fall in line with your opinions on your cartridge. I shoot the 450 Bushmaster
Because I LOVE THE ROUND. It fits my needs.
I pulled up a stump here because I like the atmosphere of this electronic
campfire. I feel comfortable here. I don't have time for the
Pr##k waving D##k fights going down in the other forums.
LeGendre swung a bat and hit a home run. Everyone else has
That same opportunity. But it won't happen if they can't step
Up to the plate without cussing their own team mates and
Smacking them with a bat as they cross home plate.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby bushmeister » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:10 pm

I apologize for derailing another worthy thread, but I was irritated. Back to the shot show......
bushmeister

Postby Siringo » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:06 pm

Can you get us a live video feed????
Siringo

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic