2011 SHOT Show

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: 2011 SHOT Show

Postby Ghost Dog » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:35 pm

Seems like the rumors of our demise have been greatly, no extremely exaggerted :) :) :)
Never pet a burning dog!
Ghost Dog

Postby Hoot » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:51 pm

Somebody at the show squeeze Hornady's shoes about a .452 Monoflex bullet. I heard rumblings about a .458 version and being of one material, I suppose one could resize it, but I'd like to see one specifically for .452.

Thanks,

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby wildcatter » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:04 pm

Hoot wrote:Somebody at the show squeeze Hornady's shoes about a .452 Monoflex bullet. I heard rumblings about a .458 version and being of one material, I suppose one could resize it, but I'd like to see one specifically for .452.

Thanks,

Hoot

Been there and done that, the answer is a definite, Maybe. In the mean time they want to see what happens when Crazed Gentlemen, that run around with Hair all a-fire, using them in non-traditional ways, like we do any other .458" bullet. Which is all the more reason for us to keep it as civil as we do, yes, many eyes are indeed, upon us..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby wildcatter » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:10 am

Ok, there I was, minding my own business, at SHOT, and Mike Bane sneaks up behind me and unintentionally gooses me. He wants to do an on-air interview and sit-rep about the 450b. Of course. I'll have to supply factory fodder, but what else should we impress him with, in the way of loads??? ..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Siringo » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:54 am

Hoot wrote:Somebody at the show squeeze Hornady's shoes about a .452 Monoflex bullet. I heard rumblings about a .458 version and being of one material, I suppose one could resize it, but I'd like to see one specifically for .452.

Thanks,

Hoot

As soon as I find a box of the 45-70 stuff, I will pull one and try to resize it. I especially like the weight -- keep the velocity up. I would think Hornady would do this anyway for the 450B because of CA.
Siringo

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:56 am

wildcatter wrote:Ok, there I was, minding my own business, at SHOT, and Mike Bane sneaks up behind me and unintentionally gooses me. He wants to do an on-air interview and sit-rep about the 450b. Of course. I'll have to supply factory fodder, but what else should we impress him with, in the way of loads??? ..t

Okay. I'll bite... Who's Mike Bane?
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Hoot » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:17 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote: Okay. I'll bite... Who's Mike Bane?

You too eh? I googled him. He has a firearms related blog.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby bushmeister » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:59 pm

He's also on Outdoor channels Wednesday night at the range. I cant' remember which show exactly, but they shot a bunch of stuff this Wednesday!
bushmeister

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:19 am

So, in summary, could you post a thread/topic regarding what
was learned at the shot show? Maybe post a few pics and share
some intel?
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby wildcatter » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:19 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:So, in summary, could you post a thread/topic regarding what
was learned at the shot show? Maybe post a few pics and share
some intel?

Shor-nuff Tex.. I'm still in Vegas, playing now. I don't gamble or drink, but I do have family and friends out here, won't be getting on the bird home until tomorrow evening.

When I do get home I'll have more time to do a better sit-rep, as I had planned.

But, I can do a short one now.

Bushy is moving operations to llion, NY on March 31, which is the Operation Home of Remington. Bushmaster is NOT going away and they do not plan to have a break in production of any of their products and this is especially true of the 450 Bushmaster, during this move. Looks like the Freedom Group, is getting meaner and leaner, which is what all the forward looking, planning, Corporations are doing in this age of the coming, soon to get far worst (Can you spell $5 gas this year, with the associated cost, to our country?), results of Obamma-Snare, Hyper-Inflation. This move MAY have have an effect on the Annual Spring Sale, I will find out. But, this tiny pause (sic) in the economy, might be a very good time to get stocked up on components, because the Monetizing of the Debt (The Printing of Paper Money, which IS the true definition of Inflation), that is going on right now and going to get far worst, will cause prices of everything to spiral up. The good news is that we and Bushy WILL come out on the other side, stronger and better, assuming you keep the Republican Feet in the Fire and adhere to the phrase.."friends don't let friends vote Democratic".

Hornady, has never had plans to end their 450b production. We have ill speaking rumor-mongers over on the "beowulf-socom, we hate the 450b, only channel". In fact Hornady and Remmy will come out with more loadings.

Speaking of Remington, as I have mentioned, will soon be shipping the new 260gr 450 loaded ammo.

These are the big points of interest, more to come, after I get back to LeMAG's Ballistics Lab HQ..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic