This stuff actually does what it claims...TufOil

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

This stuff actually does what it claims...TufOil

Postby commander faschisto » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:35 pm

I've used TufOil in my engines of every description for a long time, and it actually does what it claims to be able to do. Whooda thunkit? Anyway, its the only oil additive I bother buying and using, and they also have gun lube available now, which I'm going to try in my ARs shortly. It should work too; they don't make BS claims about their products (unlike most)...

https://www.fluoramics.com/
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Re: This stuff actually does what it claims...TufOil

Postby Hoot » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:49 am

Never tried TufOil, but may give it a look as my F150 cam actuators keep gumming up.

Slip2000 EWP is hyped a lot, but from my recently purchased bottle, I can say that it also does a great job where fine lubricants are called for. Not for high load bearing applications where grease like my favorite Dow Corning Molykote G-n paste is more appropriate. Believe me, I have a lot of partially used bottles of concoctions marketed like the second coming. Most are not. Some are good in a limited application. There is no "one solution" to all ranges of lubrication, as common sense would dictate. It never ceases to amaze me though, when I look at a lubricant's MSDS, only to find that the majority of the product is simply mineral oil. Happens a lot.

Hoot

EDIT: I looked up TufOil's MSDS. For many of my early years in firearms, I used a spray lubricant called Tri-Flow. A product I used extensively back when I participated in the 100km and 100mi bicycle road racing. It essentially was CLP with fine Teflon particles in it. We used it extensively at the bike shop I worked at. The whole place smelled like bananas. My firearms ran great with it also. TufOil has fine teflon particles suspended in it, so looking to the past, it should be great for firearms as well.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Re: This stuff actually does what it claims...TufOil

Postby commander faschisto » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:22 pm

Tri-Flow is great stuff, too...I've used it for decades now on all kinds of things. Coincidentally, one side of a power equipment business I worked at for a while was a bike shop that used Tri-Flow on everything...it did indeed smell fresh and fruity over there...
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Return to Off Topic