Largest Army

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Largest Army

Postby Ghost Dog » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:22 pm

My cousin sent this to me:

"The world's largest army... America 's hunters!
A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion:
There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin . Allow me to restate that number. Over the last several months, Wisconsin 's hunters became the eighth largest army in the world. More men under arms than in Iran . More than in France and Germany combined. These men deployed to the woods of a single American state to hunt with firearms, and no one was killed. That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and Michigan 's 700,000 hunters, all of whom have now returned home. Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia and it literally establishes the fact that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.
The point? America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower.
Hunting -- it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security.
My own two cents on this... That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed. Food for thought when considering gun control."
Never pet a burning dog!
Ghost Dog

Re: Largest Army

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:57 pm

Tally up all states south of the Mason/Dixon line including Texas and
Tell us what kind of number you come up with...
Include conceal carry permitees.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby FirstNation » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:11 am

The question I have pondered over and over again in my mind- if it is a "domestic enemy" we need to fight, how many of those numbers can be counted on to raise arms against them?
FirstNation

Postby wildcatter » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:03 pm

FirstNation wrote:The question I have pondered over and over again in my mind- if it is a "domestic enemy" we need to fight, how many of those numbers can be counted on to raise arms against them?

Welcome to the Board 'ol-man.. The first war to institute personnel responsibility to regulate Government, only had something like three percent of the masses, pulling triggers. So, it behooves you to educate and take to the Polls as many people as you can..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:08 pm

FirstNation wrote:The question I have pondered over and over again in my mind- if it is a "domestic enemy" we need to fight, how many of those numbers can be counted on to raise arms against them?

A more interesting question is how many of our Own military
Personell would Refuse to bear arms against The People.
Furthermore, would they "actively side" WITH The People
To oppose a tyrannical Gov?
You may think these are silly and outrageous scenarios
but being a former emergency management coordinator,
I can promise you these are the types of questions being
asked behind closed doors in our halls of government in DC.
Homeland Security and FEMA are afraid of The People.
Especially former military patriots who may decide to
Stand by their oath to protect and defend The Constitution.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby FirstNation » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:39 pm

Thank you, wildcatter... Look what happened in New Orleans- the local law enforcement only lasted just so long in action after the disaster struck- then they bailed because they wanted to be home and protect their own families just like everyone else. There will be a "mental cutoff point" for each individual person of authority; whether it be the police, National Guard, or professional soldier- beyond which they will make the decision that protecting their own flesh and blood in a time of crisis means way more to them than protecting the questionable ideals of a government whose people have raised up against, en masse.
FirstNation

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:48 pm

FirstNation wrote:Look what happened in New Orleans- the local law enforcement only lasted just so long in action after the disaster struck- then they bailed because they wanted to be home and protect their own families just like everyone else. There will be a "mental cutoff point" for each individual person of authority; whether it be the police, National Guard, or professional soldier- beyond which they will make the decision that protecting their own flesh and blood in a time of crisis means way more to them than protecting the questionable ideals of a government whose people have raised up against, en masse.

Yep. And the Authorities started trying to confiscate firearms from
The People too, didn't they? In a time when the citizens needed
Personal protection the most.
Last edited by Texas Sheepdawg on Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby BillytheKid » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:11 pm

HOOAH!
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby FirstNation » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:21 pm

"We"... are the tiger... 8-)
FirstNation

Postby BillytheKid » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:24 am

I saw this posted in Rifle Shooter magazine.

They added that those were just the numbers of hunters. Where as half of all households in America have guns, whether they hunt or not.

Half of all American households have guns. Now that's a force to be reconed with!
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Next

Return to Off Topic