Truth about guns

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Truth about guns

Postby blitzwing » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:06 pm

Calibers for beginners:. .450 Bushmaster.

Has anybody here read this article? I really thought it sucked. I was just wondering what you fine people thought?
blitzwing

Location: Pike County, Pennsylvania (subject to change without notice.)

Re: Truth about guns

Postby plant_one » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:19 am

sounds like typical FUDD nonsense from TTAG - all butthurt that grandpa's 'thurdy-thirty' might be considered something less than it historically is. god forbid said newfangled cartridge was built in mind with the ar-platform as its primary go-to and just so happens to now fill a much needed new niche in the hunting world where states are starting to relax their former near draconian hunting regs. i dont know if he's more upset about said hunting rules - which most of us realize are pretty stupid, point noted - or that god forbid something that bushmaster/Remington would come up & promote happens to fit right into the niche that those newly relaxed hunting regs fall into.

and of course upset that a 'new' cartridge/caliber that just coming into its own has a limited offering to non-reloaders. even though its more than capable even with those limited offerings of taking the type of game its marketing and primary usage have intended it for - whitetail deer. we all understand that the 250 ftx may not be a perfect bullet for the caliber, but assuming the hunter does their part - the bullet does its part reasonably well... that being allowing venison to achieve room temperature.

he does cover a few valid points about the weak areas, and then down the article after all the slamming gives it some praise in the final few paragraphs - including mentioning that Brenton solved the magazine issue that he cried about most of the article.

its nonsense articles like this that pretty much got me to stop reading TTAG on any kind of a regular basis.

YMMV
plant_one

Postby plant_one » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:20 am

heres a link to the article in question for those too lazy to google it :p

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/ ... ushmaster/
plant_one

Postby Jim in Houston » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:46 pm

Thanks for the link. There is a good summary of the facts about the cartridge, but the authors opinions are from someone who wanted something else, but didn't get it.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:44 am

Thanks for your input on the article. You just saved me from having to suffer through yet another dumb article. I honestly don’t have the patience for haters anymore. Life is short. Too short to be spending my time reading some crybabies diatribe. I guess my advancing years and bout with cancer made me a bit grumpy.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Zad Fnark » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:19 am

Thankfully, in Wisconsin, they've made all counties rifle counties.
Zad Fnark

Return to Off Topic