Merry christmas

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Merry christmas

Postby plant_one » Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:07 pm

Just wanted to wish you a Very Merry Christmas and Greasy Seasonings to all!
plant_one

Re: Merry christmas

Postby Al in Mi » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:10 pm

You too bud.

Still kicking that covid's azz?
Al in Mi

Postby plant_one » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:01 am

ya. slowly but surely.

my lung capacity is up >1000ml since last weekend, so thats super positive. im hoping that by this time next week i'll be able to max out the breating gizmo they've got me using. dont need my oxygen full time anymore (its nice to not have those little nubs up my nose all the time irritating the hell out of the first half inch of my sinuses) but will still be on asthma meds of one sort or another for at least another 2 weeks.
plant_one

Postby s4s4u » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:37 pm

Back at ya! Here's to you getting back to "normal"
s4s4u

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:11 pm

plant_one wrote:ya. slowly but surely.

my lung capacity is up >1000ml since last weekend, so thats super positive. im hoping that by this time next week i'll be able to max out the breating gizmo they've got me using. dont need my oxygen full time anymore (its nice to not have those little nubs up my nose all the time irritating the hell out of the first half inch of my sinuses) but will still be on asthma meds of one sort or another for at least another 2 weeks.

It knocked me down for almost a month. I never experienced the respiratory part though. But I had my fill of everything else. The loss of taste the loss of smell my body aching like I just fell off a moving train. My skin felt like it was on fire and my temperature spiking every for five hours and then plummeting and then sweating my ass off the headache and the mental trip put me on. It’s good to hear you’re starting to come out of the woods a little bit. I’ll start feeling it around November 16 after being exposed at work on the 12th. I was out of work for three weeks. Totally missed Thanksgiving. It wouldn’t of mattered anyway because the food tasted like yuck. I was confirmed COVID19 as of 19 November. I went back to work on December 10. I’m still not quite right and I still have night sweats. But I am very happy that I did not get the respiratory part.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby plant_one » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:03 pm

the one thing thats bugging the hell out of me... moisture in my oxygen tubing.

i have to run a bubbler to keep the humidity up so that my nose isnt completely destroyed over night from drying out. but since i like the house cool (im a hot sleeper anyway.. so... 67-68 is the top of my comfort range), im getting condensation in the tubing. which of course ends up with me waking up to a damp pillow like i've been drooling all night like some kid on the short bus.

ive even got the inline moisture separator hooked up to try to catch it, but its not helping very much
plant_one

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:39 am

I was never put on oxygen with a nasal cannula. So I’m not sure what to tell you on that, is there someway to keep the temperature of the nasal cannula tubing warmer? I know I’m asking A dumb question because I used to be a medic and I know there’s really no such thing to do that. But I haven’t been a Medic for quite some time so technology and stuff right?
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby PRKL8R » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:31 pm

Guys I've been on oxygen a couple times had that same condensation problem. Keeping the last few feet of tubing tight against the body to pick up that heat always worked best for me, but not always easy to keep tube close.
"a citizenry armed with riles cannot be tyrannized." Jeff Cooper
PRKL8R

Postby plant_one » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:33 am

PRKL8R wrote:Guys I've been on oxygen a couple times had that same condensation problem. Keeping the last few feet of tubing tight against the body to pick up that heat always worked best for me, but not always easy to keep tube close.

ill give that a try. maybe i'll just try to keep it under the blankets instead of on top. thanks for the tip.
plant_one

Return to Off Topic