Update on the Texas Sheepdawg Ranch.

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Update on the Texas Sheepdawg Ranch.

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:55 pm

What’s up guys? I hope y’all are having a decent summer. I’m sorry I haven’t been posting a lot here or on the forum. We’ve been hellbent for leather here at the homestead doing maintenance on the barn, shop, house and installing a swimming pool. And that means I’m gonna have to move my pistol range. LOL. Otherwise the pool will become a big shell catcher.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Re: Update on the Texas Sheepdawg Ranch.

Postby Al in Mi » Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:29 am

My experience with pools, it was a giant leaf catcher after the kids got into their teens !!
Al in Mi

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:25 am

You’re working under the assumption that I have trees. :lol: This is Texas Prairie. So far, the experiment has gone well. I have decided that if this works out, I am probably going to get a bigger one eventually. My doc says I need to start exercising. Well, the only way I can really exercise is swimming. I hate real exercise. And there are no teens in my home. My son is 35 and my grandson will be 18 next year but they don’t live in TX and they have only shown up twice in the last 17 years. I have been promised by my cousins, however, that they will be visiting now. So if any of you old guys are disappointed in your family, not visiting you more often, get an above ground pool. You’ll begin to quickly appreciate solitude and the value of a doorbell that never rings. You’ll also begin to grasp your value through the eyes of your friends and family. :|
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Re: Update on the Ranch. Happy Independence Day

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:47 am

Happy Independence Day Guys!

I hope you guys are doing well. I’m doing okay. Family is loving the pool as am I.
I can go out in this Texas heat and do a little work until I get too hot, then I go hop in the pool and chill out. I’m pretty sure today will be no different. I’m going to cook on the grill sit out on my deck and just have myself a little staycation by the pool. I’ll probably crank up the music and I might even shoot a rifle or two, who knows? From the sounds of it around the community, my neighbors have gone all out this year buying fireworks. Tonight is going to be pretty interesting.
I have one more section of wooden fence to finish up this morning before I can do anything else, and I have a few chores around the place to do. But after lunch, we’re going to be listening to Hawaiian music, drinking, adult, tropical beverages, and chilling by the pool, waiting for my neighbors to shoot off the fireworks. What are you guys up to today?
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Al in Mi » Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:16 am

did a bit of grilling with the kids, and a few tosses of corn hole about it. Think it hit 87* here yesterday, way to hot for this fat kid!!
Al in Mi

Postby coyote wacker » Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:02 pm

Just made my way back from Mikado,MI spent a week just being lazy at a friends cabin....did a little work before it got HOT cut a 40' white pine that was taking a bad lean and needed to be cut down before it came down on the cabin...
Went several times to Lake Huron did some swimming and relaxing on the beach....spent the 4th at the Eagles Club....
Weather was real nice !
Hope everybody had a great 4th of July !
coyote wacker

Return to Off Topic