Running Silent… Update.

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Running Silent… Update.

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:00 pm

No, this is not a post about suppressors. Sorry. But the title is not Clickbait. It’s about me running silent for the last several months. I’m sorry that I have not been able to contribute very much these last couple years. Things have been chaotic, and my health has been my priority along with several other things in my life that are just more important right now. I especially want to apologize to Hoot who has been literally running the show for the last few years in my intermittent absences. And I know that I’m not just running silent here, I’ve been running silent on YouTube as well as Facebook and MeWe. The truth is, I am on MeWe quite often, but I’m just watching over things and not interfering or commenting too much. You guys may have noticed that I’ve relaxed a little bit on who joins the 450 bushmaster group on MeWe. That’s not unintentional. I’m just being a little more lenient in my old age.
Regarding Facebook and the 450 bushmaster group on Facebook. I got kicked off of Facebook over three years ago right around election 2020. There’s nothing I can do about it and to be quite honest with you the last three years have been a little less stressful since I no longer deal with Facebook problems.
Regarding YouTube. Somebody started flagging my videos, and one by one YouTube started taking them down. The remaining videos, I have made private, and they cannot be seen by the public. And that brings me to my next question.
How many of you guys use Rumble? I’ve been thinking about going into my archives of all the videos that I’ve made regarding the 450 bushmaster and uploading them on Rumble. do any of you guys have any experience with rumble and have any of you had any problems over there posting firearms videos? I really really hate that my YouTube channel has been basically shut down, but under the circumstances, I have decided that I’m not going to post anymore YouTube videos that involve firearms or hunting or other “controversial “content.
My issue is, I have a whole notebook full of ideas to post as videos but they all involve reloading, or firearms, in some sort of fashion and I just don’t wanna post them on YouTube. Creating content for YouTube is very demanding and expensive especially if you are not monetized. And that brings me to my next problem. The iMac that I used back in the day to publish all those YouTube videos is now obsolete, and I cannot use my video editing software on it anymore to make videos. So, in order for me to start publishing content again on any platform, I have to buy a new computer. And I don’t want to shell out that kind of money if I am just going to get shut down and demonetized when I post on Rumble.
So what do you guys think? What should I do? Should I just forget about it? Or is Rumble actually a good place to monetize firearms related videos? I have something really big in the works right now and it’s about a year or two out, but I don’t want to tip my hand just yet. But when this really big thing, actually takes place, I’m definitely going to have a better opportunity to provide content for the 450 bushmaster videos that I want to make. So between March 2024 through March 2025 Hopefully there will be some major changes here on my end and I can get back to doing what I love to do the most. Miniature Rocket science, making holes with cordless “drills” and making a lot of noise.
My Rumble channel.
https://rumble.com/vafkr9-im-so-protected.html
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Re: Running Silent… Update.

Postby coyote wacker » Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:44 am

Its been quiet very quiet here on 450 Bushmaster.net....I really miss hearing and seeing post on what going on in the 450 BM world its been super quiet....

I know myself there has been some very BIG changes in my life mostly my health I had a stroke back in January of 2021 it has been life changing.....I was very lucky not to have any physical damage my memory is a hole different story that I have worked on and need to live with what I have....

Myself as far as projects I'am sort of set...but sure like reading and hearing about your new adventures....

Was on Facebook the other day just looking and reading here and there went to 450 Bushmaster Handloaders read a guy was having problems loading his ammo and the problem was crimping....so I went and wrote a long proper way how to including coming to 450 Bushmaster.net on how to properly make a crimper from a Lee 45-70....the post was deleted tried again and deleted now I'am banded from the web site completely.....
coyote wacker

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:27 am

Sorry to hear you got kicked off that group. I don’t know who runs that one. The 450 bushmaster group that I own on Facebook has the same logo/banner across the top as our MeWe logo and the banner here. I’m not sure if it is still up and running or not, I haven’t had anybody tell me otherwise. I did make my cousin an administrator on that forum just in case something happened to me. My son may also be an administrator on that form. But life has been throwing all 3 of us a lot of curveballs lately and I don’t think either one of them get on social media often.
I do check in on My at least once or twice a week. Or if I get a notification. And it seems that. The MeWe group is doing well. It’s just really quiet like the forum. I think that one of the reasons we all have gone so quiet is that we are probably not shooting and experimenting as much as we once were due to the political climate. I think we’re in some sort of conservation mode right now. I know I certainly am. I shoot my handguns just enough to stay proficient and I reload. But I haven’t shot any big stuff in quite some time. I’ve shot all of my 450 bushmasters three rounds each so far this year just to make sure they’re still on target. After that, I clean the guns and put them back up again. I’ve also taken them out to let my son and grandson shoot a couple times and one of my cousins wanted to shoot. He wants to try the 450 out at 100 yards so we’re gonna probably do that sometime here in the next few weeks now that it has cooled off. I need to get my shooting bench repainted so as soon as we get that done, will probably have a shooting session.
What I would really like to hear from you guys is if you’ve had any experience using Rumble. I posted a test video on rumble several years ago and posted a link to it on Facebook, but I t seems like nobody’s watched the video and nobody has started following me on Rumble. So if anyone has any tips and tricks about how to use Rumble, I’d sure like to hear about it.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:58 pm

So I guess nobody has any thoughts on Rumble..?
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby plant_one » Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:05 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:So I guess nobody has any thoughts on Rumble..?

ive got an account, i follow a couple things but i'm just not fully switched over yet. just one of those "f*ck, now i gotta go refind all the youtubers i follow, etc etc" scenerios.
plant_one

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:48 pm

I have one video posted there just to see how the upload worked. But the app feels like driving a K Car to me. Most of you won’t get that analogy, I know.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby kottke_35 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:21 am

Howdy TSD. Been a long time. Hope things are going better for you. As far as Rumble goes, I’ve got no experience with that platform. Let us know what you decide.

B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Return to Off Topic