Once a sniper, always a sniper.

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Once a sniper, always a sniper.

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:38 pm

Please take a few moments to admire this soldier.
I was deeply moved and you will be too.
Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQRpAxGV ... ata_player
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Re: Once a sniper, always a sniper.

Postby YoteAddict » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:11 pm

I received the chain e-mail version of this yesterday (I assume it's the same thing, not gonna check though).
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.
YoteAddict

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:10 pm

I found the video on my FB wall. It really is worth the watch. There is no "Chain mail" language, just a great video.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Ghost Dog » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:39 pm

I watched the video and enjoyed it. But just who is Ted Gundy, couldn't find anything on google.
On a side note I still have an 03 Springfield my dad procured for me back when I was a lad, it's a heavy, hard recoiling rifle.
Never pet a burning dog!
Ghost Dog

Postby BillytheKid » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:42 pm

I loved it!

Saved to Favorites!

Thank you for showing it,
Bill
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby wildcatter » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:24 pm

Way-to-Go Tex. Thanks for bringing this to us, it's a wonderful video and presentation.

I have a 1903, that was built in 1915 and spent it's entire life in Hawaii, before being released to the public. I love to shoot it and you can surly keep theirs heads down, even at 1000yds. I couldn't miss the paper at that range and I was using AP's, which traditionally shoot really well, not match well, but very well indeed..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby bushmeister » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:46 pm

I heard the shot... well I might have, I live less than 10 miles from where this took place! I always tell my co-workers that's it's great to live in a country where if you hear automatic gunfire a few miles away, you aren't ducking for cover, or planning your escape. God help the regime that decides to come anywhere near Ft. Benning!!
bushmeister

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:13 pm

Ghost Dog wrote:I watched the video and enjoyed it. But just who is Ted Gundy, couldn't find anything on google.
On a side note I still have an 03 Springfield my dad procured for me back when I was a lad, it's a heavy, hard recoiling rifle.

It is sad that there are so many of our nations heros who go through their lives un-recognized and unrewarded, and not thanked.
From our greatest battle hardened warriors down to the thousands of nameless volunteer fire-fighters.... Running towards the danger when everyone else is running away or standing on the side of the road rubber-necking. We need to say "Thank You" and be grateful that there are still some folks who give back. God Bless our Troops Young and Old, our LEOs, and Firefighters Paid or Volunteer.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby BillytheKid » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:42 pm

The Warrior Legacy Foundation had this to say:

"Ted Gundy, an 84-year-old sniper from WWII who fought at Bastogne in the Bulge and lost his leg later to a German artillery shell, is featured below. This is a great story: There is no expiration date on awesome shooting...and good on the US Army and the Marksmanship Team for showing Ted Gundy the proper respect! Thank you for your service, Ted Gundy!"

There is a detailed article about Ted Gundy and the video here:
http://www.shootingusa.com/IMPOSSIBLE_S ... niper.html

I personally do not care if Ted Gundy was famous. He lost his leg in battle so that I could continue to live in a free country that I love deeply. Like my own beloved son, who returned from fighting in Afghanistan with a permanent limp and must use a cane to go any distance.

May God Bless all of our Troops! They are all Famous in my Prayers.

Bill
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby Ghost Dog » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:32 pm

Thanks Bill, just wanted to learn a little about the man. The article about Ted is interesting, talk about red tape, glad they pulled if off.
Never pet a burning dog!
Ghost Dog

Next

Return to Off Topic