I'm in LOVE or (Shot my Bushy for the first time)

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

I'm in LOVE or (Shot my Bushy for the first time)

Postby gunnuttwo » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:29 pm

I have had my Bushmaster for 13 days and just got some ammo for it today. (They were out of ammo when I got the upper!) When I got home, I took it out and shot a box through it. I had modified the mag per instructions found in one of the forums and it held 7 rounds. I also loaded up a 30 round Sig Sauer 556 mag with 12 rounds. (Also a suggestion for one of the forums.) I touched the first round off and was amazed at the felt recoil or lack of. (Been reading about it on several of the forums. I've got an adjustable buttstock with no limbsaver.) I finished off the other 6 rounds only to find that I had to unfold my folding front sight every 3 - 4 rounds. I then put my 12 round mag in and proceeded to finish it off.
On the way back to the house, I noticed that the rear sight/carry handle had also moved forward. It just didn't seem like there was that much recoil and my shoulder didn't hurt.
After an hour or so, my shoulder started to hurt and then it backed off. It is a warm, wonderful feeling reminding me of what fun it was and will be in the future. I love the wonderful deep bark and the love taps it gives me each time I pull the trigger.
Like I said, I'm in LOVE!
gunnuttwo

Re: I'm in LOVE or (Shot my Bushy for the first time)

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:54 pm

It's like shooting a 20 gauge dove load. One thing I never
thought about was how my rifle actually reacted to the
Recoil. When I first put my scope on, I didn't "crank" down
The scope ring screws, trying to go easy on the scope.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1225&start=20

After several shots, the scope finally settled down but the
Previous groups were kind of squirrelly. Closer inspection revealed
that the scope had shifted due to recoil. I didn't think the recoil
was that bad so I was surprised. Upon reading other optics threads
you will find some interesting comments about recoil and the 450 B.
I just got my A1 Recoil-Less custom stock so I am really looking
forward to seeing and feeling the difference.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby wildcatter » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:11 pm

gunnuttwo wrote:I have had my Bushmaster for 13 days and just got some ammo for it today. (They were out of ammo when I got the upper!) When I got home, I took it out and shot a box through it. I had modified the mag per instructions found in one of the forums and it held 7 rounds. I also loaded up a 30 round Sig Sauer 556 mag with 12 rounds. (Also a suggestion for one of the forums.) I touched the first round off and was amazed at the felt recoil or lack of. (Been reading about it on several of the forums. I've got an adjustable buttstock with no limbsaver.) I finished off the other 6 rounds only to find that I had to unfold my folding front sight every 3 - 4 rounds. I then put my 12 round mag in and proceeded to finish it off.
On the way back to the house, I noticed that the rear sight/carry handle had also moved forward. It just didn't seem like there was that much recoil and my shoulder didn't hurt.
After an hour or so, my shoulder started to hurt and then it backed off. It is a warm, wonderful feeling reminding me of what fun it was and will be in the future. I love the wonderful deep bark and the love taps it gives me each time I pull the trigger.
Like I said, I'm in LOVE!

Now ya gone and done it, you are hopelessly Hooked. After sniffing so many 450b cordite fumes, the only possible cure is Group Therapy.

Go forth and sin some more..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby BayouBob » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:26 pm

And what Tim means by group therapy is sub-moa groups at 100 yards!
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Postby wildcatter » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:58 pm

BayouBob wrote:And what Tim means by group therapy is sub-moa groups at 100 yards!

OH!-NO!!, What I mean by Group-Therapy, is for a GROUP of us, to get ourselves down to the Bad-Bob's, Area of Operations, and witness a Cajun Cook-Off, between him and the DU-Man!!!! Of course sub-MOA's are definitely a precursor..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby gunnuttwo » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:52 pm

Where is Bad-Bobs? I'm all for a party, just make sure everyone brings their Love. Wife's and girlfriends would also be welcome!
gunnuttwo

Postby Jeepejeep » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:04 am

I'm in the same boat! Finally shot mine too and love it. Recoil? WHAT recoil?? I had to go to the closest indoor range due to weather and time so I really can't say much about accuracy but at 25 yards it shot one 30 round ragged hole in the bullseye. Can't wait to get it out to 100 and 200 yards. Gotta get more ammo though and I'm STILL waiting for Midway to get reloading dies in.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."Col. Jeff Cooper
Jeepejeep

Return to Off Topic