Bipod stock handguard 450

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Bipod stock handguard 450

Postby Chrisforino » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:55 pm

Has anyone found a good bipod that mounts on the stock handguard of the .450?
Chrisforino

Re: Bipod stock handguard 450

Postby MudBug » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:58 pm

I don't have the stock HG installed anymore, but if I remember correctly the sling stud is too far forward to use a Harris or any of the clones, correct?

If I still had the stock HG I would just drill a new hole a bit back and tap it for a sling stud.
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby Chrisforino » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:54 pm

Thats what I seem to be finding. Nothing fits right. You have a pic of your 450 with the new handguard?
Chrisforino

Postby MudBug » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:10 pm

Yup

Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby Chrisforino » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:26 pm

nicely done...here's what im working with. Just picked up the 9 round mag from bushmaster. Need a workable bipod. I like the handguard though...is a great grip while picking off deer
Attachments
bushmaster.JPG
bushmaster.JPG (49.36 KiB) Viewed 16462 times
Chrisforino

Postby 2zero6 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:39 pm

Nice Larue MB!
2zero6

Postby Chrisforino » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:39 pm

What optics mount are you using? Am also looking for a solid mount. The ones I have are temporary and yours are looking solid!
Chrisforino

Postby MudBug » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:19 am

2zero6 wrote:Nice Larue MB!

Thank you. I own 3 of the Larue FF Handguards, but only because I am lucky. I only bought one of them, the other two I won in 3-gun matches, not because I'm good, but because of the beauty of the Open Prize Table concept. Hell, the HG on my 450b is the only one I bought, and I paid a discount price because my friend won it in a 3-gun match and didn't need it.

Chrisforino wrote:What optics mount are you using? Am also looking for a solid mount. The ones I have are temporary and yours are looking solid!

It a Larue SPR-E, they are pricey but that scope and mount combo used to sit on my 3-gun rifle till I replaced it with a Burris XTR 1-4x and needed the 30mm version of that mount. At that point the Aimpoint TR-21 seemed like a perfect match for the 450b so it found a new home.

A more budget minded mount that is kinda like it would be the Burris P.E.P.R.
Eric

MudBug
Site Admin

Postby BD1 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:08 pm

I'm using the Burris PEPR mount and I'm quite happy with it. I do wish the little top rails were 2 cross bars longer so I could mount a little holosight on top.
BD
BD1

Location: Northern Maine, Working on the coast, but home is still Moosehead Lake.

Postby wildcatter » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:53 pm

BD1 wrote:I'm using the Burris PEPR mount and I'm quite happy with it. I do wish the little top rails were 2 cross bars longer so I could mount a little holosight on top.
BD

You mean I can't put one of my Docter (http://www.docterusa.com/_mgxroot/page_10767.html) sights on that PEPR ring set-up??

BTW, as a point of interest you can get theses in 3.5 & 7 MOA Dots, for my way of thinking I'd rather have a 20 MOA dot or even bigger. I know that for the accuracy guys, they will think I ate too many paint chips when I was a young shooter, but here's the deal. My eye can easily see the middle of a big dot and the off eye will put that exactly where I need it, exactly when I need it, which is the real point of having a large dot. I have had to defend life and limb, on more than several occasions, and a very quick shot was the saving trick, finding a small dot is far more difficult to acquire than a huge dot, that on occasion, I can also do fine work with, when concentration times are more appropriate. Ok, maybe I won't quite be as accurate and a standard fine cross-hair is even better, but Gents, this is the reason why I developed the 450b in the first place and that is..."When the shots are marginal and they always seem marginal, then with enough TKO I can over come any other deficiencies and rule the day"..If ya need'em to die RIGHT-THIS-SECOND, then even a 300 mag isn't enough, most days (think not, then I guess you've never seen any big game hit with one, broad-side, in the lungs). I'll make another quote here.. .."There is no substitute for high speed frontal mass bullets", and what the heck, green paint chips taste like chicken..wink..

PS.. Ok, I just saw this and have seen them in the past and they represent the best of both worlds as I have just described, how about a 3 MOA dot and a 20 MOA circle..humm...might have to give this a go on my social weapon.. http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?p ... ber=847547
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Next

Return to Off Topic