The Judge

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: The Judge

Postby wildcatter » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:19 am

thebrassnuckles wrote:hmm... i was planning on using the 450 as my HD gun ;)

No problem, use any of the Hollow-Pointed bullets designed for the 45 ACP. Consider, the 185-230gr HP bullets that normally starts life at about 900fps and at 300fps they are still expanding. What happens to that bullet at speeds over 2000fps? OK, now try 2500fps or how about 3000fps. Right away you start to realize what the pistol bullets now have become, are a varmint style bullet, with totally explosive expansion, with the accompanying effect of total bullet destruction. In test, we generally could not get that bullet to reliably pass through a common house wall, and when one would, there was not much left of the bullet to do any real harm. Bingo, HD Deluxe..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby bushmeister » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:12 am

dcbeattie wrote:DPMS lower + ATI .410 upper with a 13 round mag, Federal 000 = HD
Of course I would like a Judge Public Defender..

More like Judge "Wop" ner! :D
bushmeister

Postby thebrassnuckles » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:28 am

wildcatter wrote:
thebrassnuckles wrote:hmm... i was planning on using the 450 as my HD gun ;)

No problem, use any of the Hollow-Pointed bullets designed for the 45 ACP. Consider, the 185-230gr HP bullets that normally starts life at about 900fps and at 300fps they are still expanding. What happens to that bullet at speeds over 2000fps? OK, now try 2500fps or how about 3000fps. Right away you start to realize what the pistol bullets now have become, are a varmint style bullet, with totally explosive expansion, with the accompanying effect of total bullet destruction. In test, we generally could not get that bullet to reliably pass through a common house wall, and when one would, there was not much left of the bullet to do any real harm. Bingo, HD Deluxe..t

EXCELENTE'

i was wondering if there was any testing done on this theory....

now i wont have to mock up a bunch of mini walls to shoot!

damn i need some dies... hurry up taxes...
thebrassnuckles

Previous

Return to Off Topic