The Judge

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

The Judge

Postby gunnut » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:54 pm

I finally got my hands on the new federal 410. hand gun ammo! I got the OOO buck, they have 4 pellets, not 3 as standard 410s. 3" pattern @ 21'. very nice! Very tight fit and eject just fine. 4, OOObuck to the forehead should put and end to it. The Judge with this ammo is about the best home defence. How could you beat 5 shots and 20 hits.
gunnut

Re: The Judge

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:22 pm

:D It's on my Christmas list... :mrgreen:
hunt when it's cold; fish when it's not.
South Louisiana IS the sportsman's paradise!
MOUNTIN DU

Postby MudBug » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:29 am

Pattern it at 10 feet and post the pictures.
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby NordicRX8 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:55 am

Just curious as to what the MSRP is for that Federal .410 - 000 Buck? 5 round box?
Personally, I'd rather go with 12ga - #2 Buck for home defense, but that's just me.
The Judge is one of those guns that intrigue people. I'd like to see it chambered in .450B. ;) The muzzle blast should be able to set an intruder's clothes on fire too. :lol:
A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys... - Charlton Heston
NordicRX8

Postby bushmeister » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:25 am

NordicRX8 wrote:Personally, I'd rather go with 12ga - #2 Buck for home defense, but that's just me.

I'm with ya. 60 hits in 5 shots. And, there is no more universally known sound to bad guys, than a 12ga pump racking in a shell. :shock:
but, you draw alot of attention when you tote the long gun around town for personal defense, where that judge shines the most. :D
bushmeister

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:54 am

:D I'm gettin' one for a truck "carry gun" :? ok... the "intrigue" reason too! :mrgreen: I have three buddies with rabbit dogs who say they work perfectly for them, when in the briars and shots are at 15 to 25ft w/#6 shot. The shallow slow rifling keeps the patterns effective at that range. That's with the early 2.5" cylinder & 3" barrel. ;) For me it's gonna be the 3" cylinder in blued finish. 8-) There's some Utube videos out there testing them also.

:| I think it would make a great "house" gun with buckshot loads. :shock: A common mistake when choosing a "house" gun... :? is TOO MUCH gun!. Max effective range for 1shot stops; in the house, only needs to be 33ft! A round that can pass through a perp, 2x4 stud and 2 plies of sheet rock is TOO MUCH gun to "safely" discharge in a house with kids in the other rooms :!: God forbid, if it leaves your house and penetrates the neighbors house :shock: JMHO ;)
hunt when it's cold; fish when it's not.
South Louisiana IS the sportsman's paradise!
MOUNTIN DU

Postby CorpDavid » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:47 pm

I was reading in Guns and Ammo mag there is now a Poly Judge. The guy at my gunstore wasn't impressed. He's not a pistolaro. I figure the extra light weight might increase the next shot follow-up time.
I think it will be my next revolver purchase.
USMC Teufel Hunden 74 - 78
All Gave Some, Some Gave All
CorpDavid

Postby wildcatter » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:09 pm

MOUNTIN DU wrote::D I'm gettin' one for a truck "carry gun" :? ok... the "intrigue" reason too! :mrgreen: I have three buddies with rabbit dogs who say they work perfectly for them, when in the briars and shots are at 15 to 25ft w/#6 shot. The shallow slow rifling keeps the patterns effective at that range. That's with the early 2.5" cylinder & 3" barrel. ;) For me it's gonna be the 3" cylinder in blued finish. 8-) There's some Utube videos out there testing them also.

:| I think it would make a great "house" gun with buckshot loads. :shock: A common mistake when choosing a "house" gun... :? is TOO MUCH gun!. Max effective range for 1shot stops; in the house, only needs to be 33ft! A round that can pass through a perp, 2x4 stud and 2 plies of sheet rock is TOO MUCH gun to "safely" discharge in a house with kids in the other rooms :!: God forbid, if it leaves your house and penetrates the neighbors house :shock: JMHO ;)

10-4, and it is generally excepted that any shot size over 7 1/2's can and will, penetrate a common house wall. So, as always, bullet construction is as important as shot placement..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby thebrassnuckles » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:15 pm

hmm... i was planning on using the 450 as my HD gun ;)
thebrassnuckles

Postby dcbeattie » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:43 am

DPMS lower + ATI .410 upper with a 13 round mag, Federal 000 = HD
Of course I would like a Judge Public Defender..
Duke Beattie
Are we having fun yet?
dcbeattie

Next

Return to Off Topic