Advancing The Art By Being The Professionals You ARE?

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Advancing The Art By Being The Professionals You ARE?

Postby wildcatter » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:01 pm

I just have to tell you guys’, Thank You. It is so instructive to work with real gentlemen, which are as knowledgeable as you are respectful of one another, not of the Riff-Raff found on so many other boards.

I come from a slice of Col. Jeff Coopers' Game Book, who was/is a great friend of mine. He and I shared many a campfire or a day at my home or my Range or his home or his range or just driving around in cool old cars. I built his personal long-gun, his everyday carry weapon, in the 45 Professional, the fore-runner to our 450b. He declared it as the replacement weapon for the Thumper Concept and indeed he called it something like “Thumper Senior”, just this second I can’t exactly quote him perfectly, but he wrote of it and maybe you can quote him. But he thought it a better weapon than his original dreams had conceived.

If you went through one of his courses and let slip any vulgarity at all, he deducted points from your scores and if you were one to cuss uncontrolled and/or in a stupid fashion, he’d just walk away from you, in disgust, shaking his head side-to-side all the while. Now I just spent 36 yrs at GM as a Shop Rat and am no stranger to vulgar language. But I find it distasteful and unnecessary and totally "Counterproductive" to the work that needs to be done and in excess belies’ the intelligence or lack thereof.

I just left Ar15, after being directed to a page there that is totally excited about the Bushmaster Fall Sales Program and indeed, the indicators are with us as the real leading edge kind-of-guys. And sure enough among all that is a cry baby, crying about our Thumper Concept not being Cooper’s real idea. And then I started to browse. I finally had to leave the site. That rag has really gone downhill. It now seems like Larry Flynt is writing in it/ for it/or is the Moderator, and with such trash no real work can exist. I’ll soon not return. It makes me all the more thankful that we, by keeping our standards as high as we do, are actually writing History and a History that people will happily quote, in the years ahead.

I love being numbered with the likes of you folks, Thank You again..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Re: Advancing The Art By Being The Professionals You ARE?

Postby Siringo » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:16 pm

THANK YOU!!!!! and ditto.
Siringo

Postby gunnut » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:00 pm

Thank You! And back at you!... This is the place where the rubber meets the road!
gunnut

Postby 2zero6 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:59 pm

Sounds like the same reason I am rarely there anymore. All the inane and non technical drivel that are full of personal opinion being forced upon others I find loathsome. We all share a primary thing in common and it is our love of guns.Why people must make everything a contest or argument is beyond me as it serves no purpose. I choose this board as all the members are helpful, knowledgeable,and very friendly. Flame wars are a waste of my time.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby slash2 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:26 pm

Thanks Tim for the kind comments and also for developing such a fun gun. And especially thanks for all of the help you've been in assisting a greenhorn reloader become a (relatively :roll: ) competent enthusiast.
/2
slash2

Postby BD1 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:16 pm

I wish I could be a "professional" fooling around with my rifles. Unfortunately, it looks like for the time being I'm gonna need to keep building houses for rich folks to pay for the hobby :)
BD
BD1

Location: Northern Maine, Working on the coast, but home is still Moosehead Lake.

Return to Off Topic