Remington 260gr Acutip factory ammo - me sad

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Remington 260gr Acutip factory ammo - me sad

Postby Jim in Houston » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:04 am

Just checked random samples of Remington from two boxes I ordered from Midway against some Hornady, and aside from the Hornady cases having a little better polish, I did not see any real differences.
Attachments
Bullett Comparison adj.jpg
Random Sample of Two Bullets for Comparison
Bullett Comparison adj.jpg (95.16 KiB) Viewed 9310 times
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:55 am

Why did you put a wad of spearmint gum on the bullet on the right? :shock:
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Jim in Houston » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:25 am

That is a conical shape made from space age material in a pleasing and environmentally friendly color placed on top of a brass cylinder to show solidarity with all of the Chinese laboring in the rice fields.

Now where did I put my gum?
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby Siringo » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:30 am

So far from everything that has been written -- it seems everyone is in the "collecting" mode. Anyone going to shoot this remmy stuff and give some serious range reports???? 100, 200 and 300 yards. I already posted results of bullets I pulled from shot gun shells and reloaded them. Also note -- the bullets pulled were dinged as compared to the hornady bullets, but have any of you actually loaded Remington bullets before? All of their bulk bullets are rougher in appearance to other manufactures - but so what! They still shoot well and the game does not know the difference.
Siringo

Postby BD1 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:41 am

Hey guys, this is Remington factory ammo. For one, I am happy that they're in the game. I hope they stay. If you took a green an yellow box of Remy 3006 and put it under a magnifying glass next to the 3006 Hornady custom stuff, you'd see some of these same issues. I've shot about 40 rounds of it and it shoots MOA out of my rifle to 200 yards, and that's all I ask of it. I like the Hornady stuff better, but I generally like Hornady better across the board.

Being fussy about ammo is the reason I roll my own.

BD
BD1

Location: Northern Maine, Working on the coast, but home is still Moosehead Lake.

Postby commander faschisto » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:32 pm

Hmmm...my Greenie 260grs look fine...? Remmy is floundering in regard to quality and customer service, and I notice that Bushmaster is going wobbly now, too. I've emailed Bushie three times in the last couple of weeks, but have yet to get a single reply. I got backordered from them on a sling swivel stud!?!? Also backordered was a Bushmaster-specific, specialty flip-up front sight for their V-Match barrels...WTF? They can't keep their own specialty parts in stock??? The corporate transition into the Remington group has been poorly managed, to say the least.

I'm ordering some more Greenie 260s from Midway, I'll be sure to check them and post if there's a problem.
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Siringo » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:52 pm

Cerberus/Freedom Group is in BIG, BIG trouble. Investors want to pull out 5.5 billion in hedge funds. Plus a whole bunch of other issues. This has trickled down to Remington, Marlin, Bushmaster, ect. in cost cutting moves and you name it. Sign of the times. Google Freedom Group and read on.

I was speaking with a large box gun retailer a week ago and he said that 30% of all Remington firearms go back to the factory for warranty work. He said he is seeing the same thing happen with Marlin. He also mentioned that the quality of the over make of the Marlin Lever guns is going south. I am not a finance guy, but I have been involved twice with companies that have been bought up by larger corporations and just watch it all die a slow death.
Siringo

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:47 pm

:shock: i'm well aware of all the "aquisitions" of late, among the big guys... :? but i refuse to believe it's the end of the world :roll:
:x to heck with the green tip stuff... i want the core-lokt soft point stuff they promised! :|
hunt when it's cold; fish when it's not.
South Louisiana IS the sportsman's paradise!
MOUNTIN DU

Postby bushmeister » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:12 pm

MOUNTIN DU wrote: :x to heck with the green tip stuff... i want the core-lokt soft point stuff they promised! :|

I'm with you DU... The core lockt had much more appeal, and it also had a better bc. I wonder if we will ever know what happened?
bushmeister

Postby commander faschisto » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:48 pm

Re: Remmy Core-Lokt 450b rounds: Last I heard, a large ammo retailer I contacted said that Rem had listed it as "discontinued", no production scheduled...who knows, with that crowd, though?
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic