AZ IS BURNING

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

AZ IS BURNING

Postby dale » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:25 pm

Hey guys,
while I sit here writing this post, some of the most beautiful, wildlife packed, awesome forest in the country is burning out of control. The gigantic mushroom cloud smoke plume out my window is sickening. Thank you USFS for your wonderful management policies :?: :x . 200,000+++ acres today, zero containment. Pray for us, please.
dale

Re: AZ IS BURNING

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:40 pm

:oops: Believe me... :? i feel your pain! as you know already, the river is flooding us with melted snow & rain to a tune of 1.5 million acres under 5-15ft of water :( it's tuff to deal with in the short term; but in the long term it's just mother nature renewing the land :roll:
:| i'm sorry for your personal loss... prayers are being sent your way! 8-)
hunt when it's cold; fish when it's not.
South Louisiana IS the sportsman's paradise!
MOUNTIN DU

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:39 pm

dale wrote:Hey guys,
while I sit here writing this post, some of the most beautiful, wildlife packed, awesome forest in the country is burning out of control. The gigantic mushroom cloud smoke plume out my window is sickening. Thank you USFS for your wonderful management policies :?: :x . 200,000+++ acres today, zero containment. Pray for us, please.

I spent several months working for the USFS as a volunteer when I was in forestry school. It's the environmental tree huggers that have tied the hands of the USFS and won't allow them to use certain techniques to control undergrowth thus adding excess fuels to an already fragile situation. In nature, lightning used to be the firestarter that controlled dead fuels. Forestry has a tool we called Prescribed Burning. Tree huggers have protested this practice. Thus excessive fuels build and build. When mother nature finally does strike, it's a disaster. I am also speaking as a TN state certified firefighter. Look to the BLMs and the people who are tying the hands of the USFS. Texas had a tragic wild fire here about a month ago. Obama refused us aid and we lost most of Opossum Kingdom, over 200 homes and one firefighter lost his life. I hope AZ gets better treatment.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby BayouBob » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:24 am

Probably have to be a state controlled by the mafia, excuse me I mean democrats, before obama offers to help.
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Postby dale » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:52 am

yeah, az is on the feds naughty list, and didn't vote democrat, so nobody's expecting much from obumba.
dale

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:33 am

We are really sorry, Dale. I hope yawl get the help that you are gonna need.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby BillytheKid » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:04 pm

I will pray for you.
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Return to Off Topic