SWFA super sniper scopes and plum crazy lowers

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

SWFA super sniper scopes and plum crazy lowers

Postby mossy89 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:32 pm

Dont know a whole lot about these brands. I really like the super sniper scope, and have read awesome reviews. Thinking about a 16x42.... Only $299. What about the lower receiver though? Any count?
mossy89

Re: SWFA super sniper scopes and plum crazy lowers

Postby BillytheKid » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:18 pm

I asked my favorite gun dealer about the Plumcrazy lowers. Apparently, they have a bad reputation. Starting out as airsoft lowers, the Plumcrazy guy never paid his suppliers. And is now making AR15 lowers,

I told my gun dealer, "never mind, I don't want to do business with a guy like that"

Is there any corroboration on this?

Bill
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby Ghost Dog » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:30 pm

I just bought a Plum Crazy Lower, $119.00. I thought I would give it a try. Haven't gone to the range yet. I pinned it to my Bushmaster predator upper.
Getting the front to slide in the first time was a bear, they say that's normal. Everything is plastic except for the FCG springs. Yep, the trigger, hammer etc. are all
plastic. When I get a chance I'll post some pics. I plan on hitting the range soon. Just waiting for gunnut's recoiless stock to arrive for another lower I just built.
I'll give my review then.
Never pet a burning dog!
Ghost Dog

Postby Ghost Dog » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:47 pm

Bill, I was very hesitant myself. All of the bad reviews are by guys that have never owned one. The pics floating around of a blown up one really occured because the guy put a pipe wrench on the buffer extension castle nut. Any way I'll find out. I'm sure it wouldn't hold up to the type of use Hoot would put it through. But I thought for a light build when I go dog hunting it might be just fine.
Never pet a burning dog!
Ghost Dog

Postby thatguy » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:34 am

Mossy89 - just curious.. why would you need a 16x scope on a <200 yrd gun?

Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby wildcatter » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:46 am

thatguy wrote:Mossy89 - just curious.. why would you need a 16x scope on a <200 yrd gun?

Brian

The is weapon/ammo is accurate enough, he might be looking at killing a particular flea, on the deer he's going to shoot..wink..

I can see it now.. I'm about to shoot this deer and WAIT, there's a flea with it's thumbs in it's ears, fingers wagging, and his toung sticking out at me. Just that thought, is enough for me to put a Mt. Palomar, on my rifle!!.. double wink..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Return to Off Topic