Hydrashok bullets

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Hydrashok bullets

Postby mossy89 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:24 am

So I had never heard of these, but a guy yesterday at my work was telling me about them, hydrashok bullets. He said that he shot a smaller size, about a 100lb, pig in the neck and the pressure made its eyeballs pop out. Now, I'm not gullible, and slightly still dont believe it. But the way he described the bullet was pretty neat, so I looked it up. Do you think some of you reloaders could make this round for the 450? Heres a link about the bullet.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrashok
mossy89

Re: Hydrashok bullets

Postby Al in Mi » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:40 am

they available to reload?
Al in Mi

Postby Stealthshooter » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:12 pm

Stealthshooter

Postby commander faschisto » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:21 pm

I have a couple of cop buddies that have carried Federal Hydrashoks for years...they're very positive about them. The only other factory loads they use are Speer Gold Dots. For defensive carry, those two are as good as they get.

I'm not sure you can get Hydrashoks in weights appropriate for piggy popping with a 450b, but someone might have tried them before?

I wouldn't buy any bacon from that guy at work...it could be fish. ;)
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby wildcatter » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:37 pm

I'm kinda curious about them as well. I don't think you can buy reloading bullets, correct me if I'm wrong. So, I recently bought a box of fed ammo just to be able to pull the bullets and use them in testing..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:44 pm

I've never seen the Hydrashock bullets available as a component for reloading. Tell ya what I would like to try... Black Talons. :o
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby mossy89 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:07 pm

It would be awesome if there could be a way to make these to work with the 450. If you get then to work I would buy some loads from u.
mossy89

Postby Jeepejeep » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:03 am

These have a good reputation in handguns but I think at 450 velocities they'd come apart too early to do anything but superficial damage to a game animal.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."Col. Jeff Cooper
Jeepejeep

Postby kottke_35 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:00 pm

Jeepejeep wrote:These have a good reputation in handguns but I think at 450 velocities they'd come apart too early to do anything but superficial damage to a game animal.

I think he's right however it may make for a good ”house” load for family protection...as long as they don't come apart in mid-air. :shock:

B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Postby big bear » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:45 pm

If your looking for expansion on organic targets, try burying a 550 primer in the pointy end of your round. You might want to check with your local constable and a representative of your local "Fins and Feathers" dept before going afield. I have found those old phone books soaked in a barrel of water demonstrates expansion quite well. S
big bear

Next

Return to Off Topic