How dumb was this?

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: How dumb was this?

Postby commander faschisto » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:09 pm

I feel better already! :mrgreen:

Some day I might tell you about the Texas Heart Shot I made on a quail....

Or, the "primitive weapons" midnight noise reduction event...
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:14 pm

commander faschisto wrote:I feel better already! :mrgreen:

Some day I might tell you about the Texas Heart Shot I made on a quail....

Or, the "primitive weapons" midnight noise reduction event...

Dont you mean a San Fransisco Heart Shot? Thats what we call it here in Texas....
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby commander faschisto » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:57 pm

Oops! My bad...as a former resident of the Lone Star State of Mind, I should have remembered that.

Yeah, out jump-shooting quail one day with the cousins again, 20ga with #8s in hand. Covey pops up from under cedar tree branches, and one is going straight away from me. Almost too easy. Launched a load of #8s in its direction, with the only result that it quit flapping its wings, but kept smoothly gliding away in a slight descent mode. Slow descent continued until it crash landed straight into the grass. When I picked it up, it was dead'rn a doornail, but not a mark or drop of blood to be seen on it. Cleaning of said aviator later revealed that it was brought down by one #8 pellet had gone up the only available bodily orifice facing my way when I fired... :shock:
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member

commander faschisto

Postby wildcatter » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:41 pm

Hoot wrote:Okay, everyone, by one. Get up here and testify. It cleanses the soul. ;)

Hoot

If I were to recount all my Goof-up's, you'd be reading all night.

But how 'bout the latest, which was only several weeks ago.

I lost track of where I was in the powder work-up. This is hard to do for me, because I keep two, hand written records, and a computer record. But I managed to do it anyway and really-really, over stuffed a case.

Pop-Goes-The-Weasel!!!

It took two hours to get the bolt opened, so we could extract the case. The case head expansion, ended up being about .024", without rupturing and the unsupported portioned had swelled so much, the the case looked like a belted Magnum.

The good news was there was NO damage (really more of a merracle than from luck, I guess Jesus, really does takes care of idiots), and I am still using that weapon as the Shop Gun, for our R&D..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby commander faschisto » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:27 pm

Hey t...I'm guessing that boolit achieved orbital escape velocity and is on its way to the asteroid belt? (Or is that the hemmorhoid belt?...). ;) If you still have that case, you should post it here as a "good bad example"...
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member

commander faschisto

Postby wildcatter » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:22 am

commander faschisto wrote:Hey t...I'm guessing that boolit achieved orbital escape velocity and is on its way to the asteroid belt? (Or is that the hemmorhoid belt?...). ;) If you still have that case, you should post it here as a "good bad example"...

Good idea..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Previous

Return to Off Topic