Who are you guys? Where are you from ? Etc..

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Who are you guys? Where are you from ? Etc..

Postby frodobaggins » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:58 am

Hey ladies and gentlemen, (do we have any ladies here?)

I've been learning a little about some of you by reading some posts, but a lot of you have peaked my interest to know more.
I was just wondering if you could post a little more about yourselves, maybe a pic or two, what your hobbies are, what you
do for a living etc.

As for me, I'm from Ruston, Louisiana. Originally from Pollock, Louisiana.
I work as an IT Technician for a plastics manufacturer in Monroe, La.

I collect military vehicles and firearms. My hobbies are carpentry, metal work, computers, food, hunting, and hardly
ever.. fishing, but that will change soon when I get my boat fixed up :)

I don't have any good pics of me currently, but here is one of one of my trucks, and my boat trailer I am working on.
Also a pic of what my 450 is for...
I'll post up my 450 when it gets here tomorrow :)

IMG00316.jpg
IMG00316.jpg (92.57 KiB) Viewed 10519 times

IMG_0593.jpg
IMG_0593.jpg (70.95 KiB) Viewed 10519 times

Lake Ophelia.jpg
Lake Ophelia.jpg (76.96 KiB) Viewed 10519 times

Finally.jpg
Finally.jpg (56.01 KiB) Viewed 10462 times
Last edited by frodobaggins on Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frodobaggins

Re: Who are you guys? Where are you from ? Etc..

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:04 pm

:) welcome aboard... i'm in baton rouge but spend most of my time during the deer season in w.feliciana parish and the rest of the year at my camp on the coast in terrebonne parish on bayou dularge. let's hook-up sometime and slay some specks & reds(rod&reel or bowfishing). i can be found @ dularge.com 8-)
hunt when it's cold; fish when it's not.
South Louisiana IS the sportsman's paradise!
MOUNTIN DU

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:10 pm

:? P.S... that invite goes for all of you guys that can get down here during the warm months. :| i'm not a professional guide, but i have the overnite facilities, boats, equipment, & experience, to make for a great trip. inshore (saltwater marsh) or near-shore (20miles offshore) for speckled trout & redfish in the gulf of mexico 8-)
MOUNTIN DU

Postby frodobaggins » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:40 am

MOUNTIN DU wrote::) welcome aboard... i'm in baton rouge but spend most of my time during the deer season in w.feliciana parish and the rest of the year at my camp on the coast in terrebonne parish on bayou dularge. let's hook-up sometime and slay some specks & reds(rod&reel or bowfishing). i can be found @ dularge.com 8-)
[ http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/6156/bigtrouts.jpg ]

Nice fish :) Appreciate the invite, I come down there every so often when my friend in Pontchatoula tries to sell me something :) May have to stop by sometime.
frodobaggins

Postby wildcatter » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:38 pm

MOUNTIN DU wrote::? P.S... that invite goes for all of you guys that can get down here during the warm months. :| i'm not a professional guide, but i have the overnite facilities, boats, equipment, & experience, to make for a great trip. inshore (saltwater marsh) or near-shore (20miles offshore) for speckled trout & redfish in the gulf of mexico 8-)

DU, after the Brake Season, I've got to go to Miami and if I can get my father in law to swing over, I'll make you make me catch some fishies, lol. Maybe I can make it this time..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:51 am

:) sounds good... send me a p.m. when you're ready i'll give you my cell# 8-) w.c. should already have it ;)
:? usually we're slayin' 'um right now but the "ultra cold" winter temps this year in s.louisiana and all the water coming down from up north :roll: still have the fish a little lithargic. i'm thinkin' may & june will give 'um up in large numbers ;)
MOUNTIN DU

Postby frodobaggins » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:09 am

The rest of you too shy to introduce yourselves ? C'mon guys, we're trying to build a community. It's nice to know your neighbors :)
frodobaggins

Postby wildcatter » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:51 pm

frodobaggins wrote:The rest of you too shy to introduce yourselves ? C'mon guys, we're trying to build a community. It's nice to know your neighbors :)

Great Idea Here. Fwi, I've owned Duce and a Halves, M37's and used them Professionally, as a PH in Alaska. In fact I want to get a couple of these for an extended hunt on the Brooks Range, any takers for the hunt of a life time, you'll need about six weeks, a FourFifty, and several cases of ammo? Gona need them, cause there gona be allot of kill'en going on.

I've got a couple of Accolades that are worth mentioning, that have also changed the world, sum-what. First, of all, I learned to catch and cook Catfish and want to learn at the heals of some of these guys here that are Professional or Neo-Professional Salt Water Fishermen. Wanna go Pig-Stick'en with Bayou Bob. Wanna go out and help the Mudder clean up the AZ Border. Got a couple of great kids and their spouses and four step chillens, two also with spouses, and passel of Grandkids. Became a Sourdough, after a long stink as a Cheechako. Canoed and Hunted, most of the watersheds of North America. Been over the Arctic Circle to see the Midnight Sun. Swam in Glacier waters..Burrr. Played tag with many mad Moose and Griz. Shot a Red Squirrel the other day, with a FourFifty, Hey-He-Was-About-To-Attack-Me!! Built a couple ah dozen weapon systems or more. Seen the bottom of all the Great Lakes. Gona pick wild mushrooms any day now. Got married a couple of years ago to a great Gal, that is totally unforgeable, think not, well just ask the Perazzi Shotgun Guys, they'll never forget her. Seems I was taking a picture of her shouldering a $435,000 Dollar Shotgun. I asked her to turn so I could also see her face and she swung the wrong way and smashed it against two others, as costly as the first, denting many barrels and stocks. I think Perazzi will never forget her, what do you think? But these are just some of the fun things in my life.

Here I is, don-cha think I look just like Tom Selleck or is it Shemp Howard, I keep forgetting?..

Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby HillBilly » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:01 pm

Hmm, My name says it all... almost...

I've been in and around the firearms industry for 16 years...
Firearms Manufacturer... NFA+Custom
Firearms Instructor...
Preparedness Instructor...
Wilderness Survival Instructor...
Primitive Skills Instructor...

Hunter, Trapper, Fisherman...
BBQ FREAK!

ATV Mud Guy...

Throw in a beer every now and then and thats me...
If you build it they will come, If I build it... I'll take the damn thing home!
HillBilly

Postby wildcatter » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:23 pm

HillBilly wrote:Hmm, My name says it all... almost...

I've been in and around the firearms industry for 16 years...
Firearms Manufacturer... NFA+Custom
Firearms Instructor...
Preparedness Instructor...
Wilderness Survival Instructor...
Primitive Skills Instructor...

Hunter, Trapper, Fisherman...
BBQ FREAK!

ATV Mud Guy...

Throw in a beer every now and then and thats me...

OH YEAH!! Well where's the pic? I won't believe this HillBilly stuff, until I see the if you've got cow-du in your Boot treads..wink

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Next

Return to Off Topic