*Hello to all our new members*

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: *Hello to all our new members*

Postby Suwannee Tim » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:16 pm

New member, Suwannee Tim, I im, I im, and here is iz. You are thrilled, I can tell. Glad you got to meet me. :o
Suwannee Tim

Postby Jeepejeep » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:13 pm

Hello all. I'm Jim. I ordered a 450B from Cabellas so I'm amoung the guys here who are waiting. Hopefully they will get them out to us at the end of the Month. Can't wait to start blasting with this thing and hunting with it come this deer/bear season.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."Col. Jeff Cooper
Jeepejeep

Postby wildcatter » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:12 pm

Suwannee Tim wrote:New member, Suwannee Tim, I im, I im, and here is iz. You are thrilled, I can tell. Glad you got to meet me. :o

ST, I guess I missed your first post and welcome aboard, pull up a stump and grab a somore.. Suwannee, where does that come from?..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby otto_esq » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:07 am

Thanks for the welcome.
By way of introduction, I used to spend some time on ar15.com (same user name) but got tired of being lectured on the law by folks still playing with airsoft guns long after I had a bar license. Thankfully, I don't see much (if any) of that here.

I'm not a thumper owner *yet* (back ordered with several others here, I expect) but am looking forward to it.
Not much of a hunter either, but I love the variety of the "adult tinker toy" AR platform (I was thinking about building an upper in .50 B-wulf (why? because I don't have one) when I ran across the Cabelas sale, so this will be my first factory upper in over 20 builds).

In just 2 days of lurking, I've learned a lot and am looking forward to more.
Cheers,
Otto
otto_esq

Postby FirstCavApache64 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:43 pm

Hello to all! Typo in my user name not withstanding (it should be FirstCavApache64 ) I am glad to be here. I am a disabled veteran who has had my 20" Bushmaster brand .450 for about 2 months now. I bought mine for a deer rifle and also for a fun plinker for my 16 year old son who had gotten bored of shooting .223 . I used to shotgun hunt and mainly stalk but in 2009 due to a bad surgery at the Veterans hospital I became unable to walk long distances so I began to look for a hard hitting rifle that I could count on to put a deer down and not force me to track it for a couple of hundred yards. So far I am happy with mine. I am really looking forward to learning from the more experiences guys here to get more accuracy from mine. Hopefully I can stretch the range out to 200 yards or so. I look forward to getting to know you guys. I am active on the Virginia Gun Owners Forum under the same name.
NRA Member
United States Concealed Carry Association Member
US Army Veteran-Apache Longbow Helicopter Crew Chief
You keep the change- I'll keep my money, my guns and my freedom
FirstCavApache64

Postby MudBug » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:01 pm

Welcome, I hope you enjoy your time here. BTW, I fixed the spelling on your username.
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby wildcatter » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:20 pm

FirstCavApache64 wrote:Hello to all! Typo in my user name not withstanding (it should be FirstCavApache64 ) I am glad to be here. I am a disabled veteran who has had my 20" Bushmaster brand .450 for about 2 months now. I bought mine for a deer rifle and also for a fun plinker for my 16 year old son who had gotten bored of shooting .223 . I used to shotgun hunt and mainly stalk but in 2009 due to a bad surgery at the Veterans hospital I became unable to walk long distances so I began to look for a hard hitting rifle that I could count on to put a deer down and not force me to track it for a couple of hundred yards. So far I am happy with mine. I am really looking forward to learning from the more experiences guys here to get more accuracy from mine. Hopefully I can stretch the range out to 200 yards or so. I look forward to getting to know you guys. I am active on the Virginia Gun Owners Forum under the same name.

Welcome, welcome..and 200 yds is a walk in the park and is absolutely devastating on deer at that range. To quote bushmiester.."I no longer need tracking skills". I'd say this combo has accounted for more one shot, clean kills, than just about anything else going on out here..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:28 pm

FirstCavApache64 wrote:Hello to all! Typo in my user name not withstanding (it should be FirstCavApache64 ) I am glad to be here. I am a disabled veteran who has had my 20" Bushmaster brand .450 for about 2 months now. I bought mine for a deer rifle and also for a fun plinker for my 16 year old son who had gotten bored of shooting .223 . I used to shotgun hunt and mainly stalk but in 2009 due to a bad surgery at the Veterans hospital I became unable to walk long distances so I began to look for a hard hitting rifle that I could count on to put a deer down and not force me to track it for a couple of hundred yards. So far I am happy with mine. I am really looking forward to learning from the more experiences guys here to get more accuracy from mine. Hopefully I can stretch the range out to 200 yards or so. I look forward to getting to know you guys. I am active on the Virginia Gun Owners Forum under the same name.

Welcome to our electronic campfire, Honorable Warrior. First, thank you for your service to the country.
It's a privilege to have you here. You Sir, are the ultimate sheepdawg watching over
And protecting The People from the wolves and other evil that would seek to
prey upon our liberties.
The 450 Bushmaster is IMHO, the cats' meow. When it comes to knock down, this
AR platform has everything you could want in a medium range AR for deer or bear
or any North American game animal.
Welcome again to our electronic campfire, pull up a stump.
This time, the SMores are on me!
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby khamill2000 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:08 am

Hello from Kansas. I've have a 16" 450 for a few months now. Bought it used and its still my favorite ar. I've been sniffing around this site for several months and finally took the time to register.
khamill2000

Postby bushmeister » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:16 pm

FirstCavApache64 wrote: so I began to look for a hard hitting rifle that I could count on to put a deer down and not force me to track it for a couple of hundred yards.

You will be amazed at this rifles performance on whitetails. Truly "stop em in their tracks" kind of performance! I haven't shot my 7mm rem mag in 2 years now.
bushmeister

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic