Hornady Cartidge Display Board

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Hornady Cartidge Display Board

Postby bushmeister » Tue May 11, 2010 7:56 pm

I came home today to find my Cabelas 2010 shooters catalog on the table. While perusing through it, I spotted the Hornady cartridge display board, and our favorite offering is on it!

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/commo ... me=Hornady Cartridge Board&tProdID=0062184216604a

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... jsp.form23
bushmeister

Re: Hornady Cartidge Display Board

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Tue May 11, 2010 8:00 pm

8-) cool... checkin' it out now! ;)
hunt when it's cold; fish when it's not.
South Louisiana IS the sportsman's paradise!
MOUNTIN DU

Postby MudBug » Tue May 11, 2010 9:57 pm

While I'm happy that they have the 450b on there, I'm disappointed that they don't don't have 6.5 Grendel. :cry:
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby wildcatter » Sat May 29, 2010 7:01 am

MudBug wrote:While I'm happy that they have the 450b on there, I'm disappointed that they don't don't have 6.5 Grendel. :cry:

Mudder, this is because these are only the Hornady's Cartridges, that they have taken through the SAAMI Board, since their inception..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby pitted bore » Sat May 29, 2010 4:41 pm

wildcatter wrote:Mudder, this is because these are only the Hornady's Cartridges, that they have taken through the SAAMI Board, since their inception..t

T-
Here's what the Hornady catalog says about their board: "This shadow box-style display with wood frame measures 16" x 10". Features 21 cartridges that Hornady has introduced as SAAMI cartridges since 1988. Includes the innovative .17 HMR, .204 Ruger, the hard-hitting .375 Ruger, .450 Bushmaster, and the new .300 and .338 Ruger Compact Magnums. "

However, something is not right with the statement. The 220 Swift is on the Hornady cartridge board, and it was SAAMI approved in April 1935. Maybe Hornady tweaked the SAAMI specs somehow?

I'm curious, and may try to find out more. But it's nice to see the 450B on it.

--Bob
pitted bore

Postby MudBug » Sat May 29, 2010 8:32 pm

wildcatter wrote:
MudBug wrote:While I'm happy that they have the 450b on there, I'm disappointed that they don't don't have 6.5 Grendel. :cry:

Mudder, this is because these are only the Hornady's Cartridges, that they have taken through the SAAMI Board, since their inception..t

Ahhh, that makes sense. Though there is a rumor going around that Hornady is going to submit the 6.5 Grendel to SAAMI soon.
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby wildcatter » Sun May 30, 2010 2:36 am

Ok, so it comes to me to sign one and offer it as a prize, selling tickets for a chance at winning it and giving the money to the ILA or some other deserving outfit, to which there are many...good idea or bad, suggestions?

BTW..for you guys that wanted me to sign a "Cartridges of the World", might better get one and PM me for an address..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Return to Off Topic