450BM Upper on LAR Grizzly lower?

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

450BM Upper on LAR Grizzly lower?

Postby dawgball » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:28 am

Just wondering if anyone else has a 450 and has it mated with an LAR Grizzly lower. I just finished my lower and now we wait for Cabelas. Do you like the Grizzly? I basically just tried to stay with a good quality lower, nothing real expensive or terribly special. Stag LPK and Bushmaster A2 stock. I just really liked the Bear on the side and thought of it as fitting for what i am gonna use her for. Mostly hunting!

Thanks
Nate
dawgball

Re: 450BM Upper on LAR Grizzly lower?

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:54 am

I guess it's really just a matter of personal preference, but what was
important to me was that the finish matched the upper. While
A grizzly on a lower is cool, I also like the stag on my two stag
Lowers and the finish is perfect.
Welcome to the forum, our electronic campfire.
Your turn to bring the marshmallows, wildcatter loves
sMores.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby 45r » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:23 pm

I'm getting a grissly side charge upper and grissly lower to get things matched up good,I like the emblem also.I hope to be able to tell you how much I like it when it gets done,on a list and might be done in a month or so.Should make a good birthday present.
45r

Postby wildcatter » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:18 pm

dawgball wrote:Just wondering if anyone else has a 450 and has it mated with an LAR Grizzly lower I just finished my lower and now we wait for Cabelas. Do you like the Grizzly? I basically just tried to stay with a good quality lower, nothing real expensive or terribly special. Stag LPK and Bushmaster A2 stock. I just really liked the Bear on the side and thought of it as fitting for what i am gonna use her for. Mostly hunting!

Thanks
Nate

I can only say, I have not used their lower or upper, but anything LAR touches is absolutely Perfect and comes highly recommended.
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby dawgball » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:33 pm

Been real busy last few days.... Wouldnt forget about my fellow 450'ers. I like hearing LAR is top notch in quality. Makes me happy i decided to go with it. I just really liked the bear more than anything. Of all my buddies, ill be the only one with a Bear Slayer AR!!!! :lol:
dawgball

Postby MudBug » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:20 pm

wildcatter wrote:
dawgball wrote:Just wondering if anyone else has a 450 and has it mated with an LAR Grizzly lower I just finished my lower and now we wait for Cabelas. Do you like the Grizzly? I basically just tried to stay with a good quality lower, nothing real expensive or terribly special. Stag LPK and Bushmaster A2 stock. I just really liked the Bear on the side and thought of it as fitting for what i am gonna use her for. Mostly hunting!

Thanks
Nate

I can only say, I have not used their lower or upper, but anything LAR touches is absolutely Perfect and comes highly recommended.

I bet you have used one.

Many of the smaller company uppers and lowers are just LAR parts with another name on them.
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby dale » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:35 pm

i don't know this to be a fact, but our local gunshop lady told my coworker when he bought a bushmaster m4 carbine about a year ago that bushmaster had farmed their lowers out to lar just after they were bought out. I had bought one earlier, the exact same model and his looked different in the color just slightly. mine has bfixxxxxxxx for serial #. his starts wit laxxxxxxx. I tended to believe her after we were looking at the serial #'s.
dale
dale

Return to AR15 Style Rifles