Drew New Mexico elk tag and my last bull

Anything Outdoors. Hiking, Fishing, Rock Climbing, Quads, motorcycles, camping, etc... You can talk about it here

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Drew New Mexico elk tag and my last bull

Postby bushmeister » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:49 pm

That is an awesome bull! So the magazine photoshopped killed antlers on a pic of a live bull? Man, I'm dissapointed, and relieved at the same time. I always wondered how they got those perfect camera shots...
bushmeister

Postby elkbow » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:32 pm

bushmeister wrote:That is an awesome bull! So the magazine photoshopped killed antlers on a pic of a live bull? Man, I'm dissapointed, and relieved at the same time. I always wondered how they got those perfect camera shots...

yep, he took the pictures of the rack in the back yard before it was mounted, then they put it on a picture of a bull....I like the idea as you get a different view of the bull....wouldn't mind them doing it to mine, but Kings World only does monsters, my bull is big, just not big enough for their cover of their magazine, it was also in their calendar....so I guess i'll have to photoshop my own lol

the interesting thing if you look at my bull and his, mine has larger mass measurements through the entire horn, but he got me on length of the points....although mine had brow tines of 20" and his largest was 22"....can only hope to top this bull this coming year
elkbow

Postby elkbow » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:27 pm

also notice though on the magazine cover it says 'The Hunt for this 416-inch bull', so not like they were trying to say it was still alive, but an awesome way of showing the bulls antlers on what i may have looked like walking around, 400" bulls are once in a lifetime, i seen one fighting another bull, i was trying to sneak in while they were fighting to get a shot....but got busted by a satellite bull....the satellite bull was probably around 340"....was amazing group for sure, all fighting over 3 cows, there were 6 bulls total
elkbow

Previous

Return to Outdoors