FS: Bushmaster Single Stack Followers (New)

Buy and Sell
Be smart about your dealings, this forum is not responsible for bad deals.

Moderator: MudBug

FS: Bushmaster Single Stack Followers (New)

Postby Hoot » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:08 am

Truth in Advertising requires me to proclaim that I don't have these yet, but they are ordered from Bushmaster.

When I sold my .300 OSSM, I included one mag with my spare Bushmaster single stack follower and one with a homebrew one, so I wanted to get one or two more. Yes, I have modded a regular anti-tilt follower and yes it can be made to work. I just prefer the Bushmaster. nuff' said

I mentioned this in a past thread, but the shipping is a killer in a onesey, twosey order and the best price with shipping comes from ordering 7. That gets them down to $15.59 each as opposed to $21.00. So, if anyone wants one for that price, plus $1.41 for the bubble envelope and stamp, you could save about $4.00. If you want more than one, it may take another stamp, so figure $1.85 shipping.

Let me know if you're interested.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Re: FS: Bushmaster Single Stack Followers (New)

Postby Jeepejeep » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:26 pm

This sounds good to me. I'll take 4 and hopefully get at least one of my mags to work. I
m so frustrated trying to get this thing to not jam every 3 rounds or so. I followed the directions on tweaking the mags on one of the 5 rounders but haven't tried it yet. Cut off a few coils and tweaked the lips. It still doesn't feel totally reliably but better than before.
I have a Sig mag that needs a 450 follower to make it NY legal plus I want to try putting the 450 followers in other 223 mags I have.

Thanks, Hoot!
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."Col. Jeff Cooper
Jeepejeep

Postby BillytheKid » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:09 pm

I would like 6 please. I figure these would be good to have around.

Paypal or PO money order or ?

Thank you,
Bill
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby Hoot » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:00 pm

BillytheKid wrote:I would like 6 please. I figure these would be good to have around.

Paypal or PO money order or ?

Thank you,
Bill

Bill, if you want that many, it would be cheaper to order them from Bushmaster, instead of having me pay to have them shipped to me and then you pay again to have them shipped to you. If you order 6 from Bushmaster, you could get them delivered for something like $15.89 each. That and the fact that I only ordered 7 and want two for myself kind of makes it hard. ;)

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Hoot » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:21 pm

Jeepejeep wrote:This sounds good to me. I'll take 4 and hopefully get at least one of my mags to work. I
m so frustrated trying to get this thing to not jam every 3 rounds or so. I followed the directions on tweaking the mags on one of the 5 rounders but haven't tried it yet. Cut off a few coils and tweaked the lips. It still doesn't feel totally reliably but better than before.
I have a Sig mag that needs a 450 follower to make it NY legal plus I want to try putting the 450 followers in other 223 mags I have.

Thanks, Hoot!

Jeepster,
They work well in the AR-Stoner mags and I'll tell you. If Midway had the shorter version ones prefabbed, I would have just bought the magazine already converted. I'm not a spray-n-pray shooter, especially not in this caliber, so I'm not really keen on the hi-cap ones they are offering and I shoot mainly off of a benchrest setup during load workup, so height matters. I figured I'd wait and see if they came out with the lower capacity one, but that doesn't appear to be happening, hence I'm just buying the followers to mod the lower capacity AR-Stoner 5.56 mags myself. I never thought of the Sigs as being under the umbrella of 922R compliance, but I guess they're no different than de-milled AK-47s from Romania. I assume that is what you're talking about, or is this more of a state compliance? I take it you don't live near the Bushmaster plant? If you did, you could save even more in shipping charges.

Hoot
Hoot

Postby BillytheKid » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:47 pm

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood this for something like a group buy.

Bill
BillytheKid

Postby Hoot » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:03 pm

BillytheKid wrote:Ah, sorry, I misunderstood this for something like a group buy.

Bill

It could be, but the math is still in your favor, with as many as you'd like, to just get them shipped direct. Bushmaster doesn't break it down into UPS zones and charge more the further west you are. If Jeepster had them shipped to him in the same state as them, their shipping and handling would still be the same. I know that doesn't make sense, but I guess it's easier for them to predict cost or something. Hard to say what the reasoning is. I'd wager if someone had their C&R FFL or Regular FFL on record with Bushmaster, that person could probably get a sizable discount. They do not mention quantity discounts on their retail web site. At least I didn't see any mentioned. I just ran different quantities through their ordering page calculator one by one, to see where the best price fell on modest amounts. Seems like there's plenty of demand for someone who could get some kind of discount, to put together a larger order. Jeepster had first dibs, but if it's ok with him, I could send him 3 and you 2. You guys work it out. I have 7 coming and only need 2.

Hoot
Hoot

Postby BillytheKid » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:33 pm

No worries Hoot, and thanks for the information. Go ahead and send Jeepejeep his stuff.

A few days ago I received my order of five AR Stoner 9 round magazines, so I don't really need followers immediately.

Thanks again for the info,
Bill
BillytheKid

Postby a21636t » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:03 pm

Are you guys aware that Fulton Armory makes the followers for Bushmaster and they are around $9.00 before shipping from Fulton??
a21636t

Postby Hoot » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:27 pm

a21636t wrote:Are you guys aware that Fulton Armory makes the followers for Bushmaster and they are around $9.00 before shipping from Fulton??

Yes, but my understanding was that Fulton was still shipping the blue, snap-ons. I like the one-piece black ones that Bushmaster replaced their blue ones with. If you know for sure that Fulton is shipping the black ones, I can still stop the order from Bushy.

Hoot
Hoot

Next

Return to Market