FS: Bushmaster Single Stack Followers (New)

Buy and Sell
Be smart about your dealings, this forum is not responsible for bad deals.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: FS: Bushmaster Single Stack Followers (New)

Postby kottke_35 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:25 pm

Hoot wrote:I am totally fed up with Bushmaster. I spoke to a person there who assured me that the followers they sell are the black ones. I just got in the door from an aggravating day at work to discover they instead shipped me the blue ones. Hell, I could have gotten the blue ones cheaper if that was what I wanted. Of course they are closed for the business day, so I get to steam over this until Monday! :evil:

Hoot

Got to love it. Perhaps you should take part in some ” group therapy” to clear your mind Hoot.

B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Postby Jeepejeep » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:06 pm

Bastards! I'm not hearing good things about Bushmaster lately.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."Col. Jeff Cooper
Jeepejeep

Postby paulmark3010 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:19 am

Maybe I missed it, but what is the difference between the blue and the black followers? I bought the blue ones from Fulton and they work great for me. :twisted:
paulmark3010

Postby Hoot » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:06 am

paulmark3010 wrote:Maybe I missed it, but what is the difference between the blue and the black followers? I bought the blue ones from Fulton and they work great for me. :twisted:

The black ones look like a Magpul anti-tilt Gen-whatever they're up to now, with a groove molded down the center. One piece in other words. Possibly the nicest quality injection molded follower I've ever seen. If you bought your 450b since March 2010, it should have been the kind that came in the magazine that is included with every complete rifle or upper.

I keep saying I'm going to do this, but then I forget sometimes, like this particular time I called them. When you talk to a CSR, get their name and/or employee number and make sure you give them your name.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby commander faschisto » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:28 pm

Yepper, use the phone...Bushy does not answer emails. Their "transition" excuse is getting pretty lame by now... :x
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Jim in Houston » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:00 pm

There is additional information on followers in this thread - http://450bushmaster.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4175#p16004.

WRT Bushmaster, I have gotten good advice from their service reps over the phone (at least you can get ahold of them without having to wait through an entire opera) and by email, although it took a day or two for them to respond.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby Hoot » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:13 am

Okay, so I called Bushmaster this morning and of course, Elija, the CSR I spoke to wanted to know the name of CSR who told me we could order the black follower as They are not available to purchase as a discreet component. I did not write down the person's name who I spoke to the first time, but from now on I sure will. Anyway, he was courteous about it and is sending me a pre-paid shipping label to return them for a refund. I do not want the blue snap-over solution. I'd just as soon build up a conventional anti-tile follower with JB Weld and mill a groove down the middle. I've done it that way and it works. I just don't like the way it looks. Hopefully, Midway will make their recently added Ar Stoner version available in the 5-round version like Bushmaster sells and I will just order one of those. That, or I will pick up an actual Bushmaster 5-round the next time they are on sale. Perhaps, if we could find out who OEMs the black ones for Bushmaster and Midway, we could order the black followers from them. Good luck getting that information out of them.

So this effort is a bust.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Jeepejeep » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:21 am

Thanks, John :? WTF is up with Bushmaster, though!
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."Col. Jeff Cooper
Jeepejeep

Postby a21636t » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:33 pm

Hey Hoot, did you check out Fultons black followers?
a21636t

Postby Hoot » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:43 pm

a21636t wrote:Hey Hoot, did you check out Fultons black followers?

Do you have a link to them? If they are the real deal, I'd certainly like to get a couple. I'm not going to say "host another group buy" until I know for certain what I'm talking about.

Hoot
Hoot

PreviousNext

Return to Market