FS: Bushmaster Single Stack Followers (New)

Buy and Sell
Be smart about your dealings, this forum is not responsible for bad deals.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: FS: Bushmaster Single Stack Followers (New)

Postby wildcatter » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:37 pm

Hoot wrote:
a21636t wrote:Hey Hoot, did you check out Fultons black followers?

Do you have a link to them? If they are the real deal, I'd certainly like to get a couple. I'm not going to say "host another group buy" until I know for certain what I'm talking about.

Hoot

Ok, My Man,.. http://www.fulton-armory.com/magazinefo ... minum.aspx

This is their single stack device and at worst, you have to dust up the corners to get it to work in the mag and at best, all you'll have to do is just put it in..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:51 pm

:? so... can i expect to gain a round in my mags with this black follower vs the blue snap-in? :|
hunt when it's cold; fish when it's not.
South Louisiana IS the sportsman's paradise!
MOUNTIN DU

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:04 pm

I've totally sworn off doing business with the New Bushmaster. That might mean problems for me if I ever need a bolt or extractor for thumper, so I will just have to cross my fingers and hope I don't have to replace them, but I am also hoping that Windham Weaponry or some other MFG can produce 450 Bushmaster rifles and parts. All 450 Bushmaster owners need to call or email Windam Weaponry and encourage them to pick up the line. It have become obvious that Freedoom
Groups' acquisition of Bushmaster was to Destroy the Bushmaster name and reputation.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Hoot » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:56 am

wildcatter wrote:Ok, My Man,.. http://www.fulton-armory.com/magazinefo ... minum.aspx

This is their single stack device and at worst, you have to dust up the corners to get it to work in the mag and at best, all you'll have to do is just put it in..

..t

That's the same old aluminum single stack follower that's been around since Bushmaster was only shipping mags with the blue add-on follower. They are not intended to be a substitute for, or even close to the black anti-tilt one that whoever OEMs Bushmaster's and Midway's magazines uses. Find a path to that item, via whoever makes them and you'll solve the challenge. Bushmaster and Midway obviously want the higher profit margin available from selling a complete magazine. Profits drive their decisions. While not convenient, it's totally understandable in today's climate.

As I said, good luck prying the information for who makes them from Bushmaster or Midway's cold, dead fingers. Too bad no one here knows an insider at Bushmaster or Midway to pimp for the information, as that follower is a great product..

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby wildcatter » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:54 pm

Hoot wrote:
wildcatter wrote:Ok, My Man,.. http://www.fulton-armory.com/magazinefo ... minum.aspx

..t

That's the same old aluminum single stack follower that's been around since Bushmaster was only shipping mags with the blue add-on follower. They are not intended to be a substitute for, or even close to the black anti-tilt one that whoever OEMs Bushmaster's and Midway's magazines uses. Find a path to that item, via whoever makes them and you'll solve the challenge. Bushmaster and Midway obviously want the higher profit margin available from selling a complete magazine. Profits drive their decisions. While not convenient, it's totally understandable in today's climate.

As I said, good luck prying the information for who makes them from Bushmaster or Midway's cold, dead fingers. Too bad no one here knows an insider at Bushmaster or Midway to pimp for the information, as that follower is a great product..

Hoot

Duh, so there I was, up on the Klondike, thinking, everyone knew who make's them for Bushy... Sorry guys, guess I don't make enough money to pay attention.. C-Products makes the Mags for the 450b, as well as the followers..What I don't know is, do they have an exclusive contract to only make them for Bushy only??..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby commander faschisto » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:10 pm

No mention of anything to do with the 450b on their website (lcjwholesalestore.com)... :(
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Hoot » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:59 pm

commander faschisto wrote:No mention of anything to do with the 450b on their website (lcjwholesalestore.com)... :(

I've been down this kind of road before. You have to call them and keep it simple. "Do you sell single stack followers? Do they come in different colors? I was looking for black. You don't make them? Can you recommend someone who does?" Don't mention Bushmaster. Don't mention AR Stoner. Don't put them in a position of considering propriety.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby helidude350 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:01 am

maybe we could just find someone that does injection moulding to just make us a batch
using an example pulled from a bushy mag. If they are not making them for retail sale
and just a batch of "copy this x quantity of times" for us no legal issues ?
bound to be a company in houston that could do it. Or maybe aluminum (or steel)ones made for the 450 round.
helidude350

Postby wildcatter » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:21 pm

helidude350 wrote:maybe we could just find someone that does injection moulding to just make us a batch
using an example pulled from a bushy mag. If they are not making them for retail sale
and just a batch of "copy this x quantity of times" for us no legal issues ?
bound to be a company in houston that could do it. Or maybe aluminum (or steel)ones made for the 450 round.

So true..Or you could buy a bunch of GI Followers (http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=5016 ... 13_d_10250), and I've recently seen used ones for less than $.50/, give them to a machine shop near you and tell them to run a 1/2" ball nose mill-cutter down the middle of the thing, just not much lower than the floor of the follower and call it good..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Postby Hoot » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:31 pm

wildcatter wrote:So true..Or you could buy a bunch of GI Followers (http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=5016 ... 13_d_10250), and I've recently seen used ones for less than $.50/, give them to a machine shop near you and tell them to run a 1/2" ball nose mill-cutter down the middle of the thing, just not much lower than the floor of the follower and call it good..

..t

You don't need to pay a machine shop to do a "Rube Goldberg" job on regular followers. There's plenty of how to threads out there. It's quite easy. If you want more meat on the bone, you can build it up with JB Weld as well. I however, just would like to purchase the same ones that Bushmaster and Midway can buy. When I get back from deer camp, perhaps I can try contacting C-Products. It's not like we're trying to buy plans for a suitcase nuke here. ;)

Hoot

Edit: Bushmaster has had my returned followers for two weeks now and still no credit back to my checking account. :(
Hoot

PreviousNext

Return to Market