General Firearms Picture Thread.

AR15, AK47, FAL, Bolt, Hangun, etc... If I find we need it I will expand this forum.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: General Firearms Picture Thread.

Postby FirstNation » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:54 pm

BillytheKid- luckily I don't have the same addition with Crossbows as I do with Firearms... Ghost Dog, yes, it's a weird feeling stepping into a gunstore knowing that and then have the saleman try to give me a history lesson on a particular firearm that I have 8 of... commander faschisto, thanks, it's my fave, a rootbeer spalted Les Paul knockoff... and Hoot, yes she does- and I'll contact her for you!!!! LOL. Thanks guys for the compliments. p.s., Fed-Ex rolled up this morning, I'd been waiting, jumped up out of my chair, ran and opened the garage door, intercepted him just as he was heading to the front door,{oh sh-t! :o } managed to sneak an 1870 3 band Snider Enfield rifle past my wife and into the Bunker! :P
FirstNation

Postby commander faschisto » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:59 pm

I think most of us have "been there; done that" with the delivery guy... ;)

One time, I even disconnected the door bell to prevent unwanted attention...
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby FirstNation » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:29 pm

Lol, now that's a classic move!
FirstNation

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:56 pm

I'm sending a link to this post to my GF.....I don't EVER want to be told that I am a gun nut and that I have too many firearms EVER AGAIN. PERIOD. Lovely collection, there. I could snuggle up in that bunker and sleep forever.......That is... if I could find an empty space in a corner somewhere.
You mentioned walking into a gun store and being hit by salesmen......I walk into gun stores and end up being the one talking to the customer because the salesperson can't answer the customers' question and no one else in the store had a clue either. It happens all the time at Cheaper than Dirt and Cabelas. The customer always thanks me and recommends that I should get a job there.....LOL! I have sent several guys here to this forum for answers on the 450 Bushmaster. One of my largest pet peeves is hearing a salesperson talking smack about Glocks. :evil: Maybe I need therapy. :evil: But I usually end up interrupting that conversation. Please, if any of you guys out there around the campfire don't like Glock, thats fine. I refuse to argue here. But a salesperson who is supposed to represent their vendors, and do so by talking crap about their own inventory drives the evil manager lurking inside me absolutely insane.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby FirstNation » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:26 pm

Thanks Texas Sheepdawg. I am more than willing to have all youse guys use me as the standard to get your wives and girlfriends to back off! lol. And yup, I find most guys that talk crap about a particular gun have never actually owned one, it's just what they've heard or read. Misinformation abounds. :(
FirstNation

Postby FirstNation » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:33 pm

[quote="commander faschisto"]I think most of us have "been there; done that" with the delivery guy... ;)

over 300 times? :shock: lol. Started seriously collecting about 12 years ago. I had always has a couple dozen or so hunting rifles and handguns, but now I was seriously bitten by the military surplus weapon bug, countries were dumping their obsolete military weapons in the U.S. by the millions. There were just so many different ones to collect! I started stashing them all over the house- tucked away in closets, my reloading room, the basement, family room. Then one day I took a week and built the Bunker, hung all the rifles on the walls. I'll never forget the day my wife finally came down and walked in, she almost hit the floor. She was absolutely stunned. {The collection was only a third of what it is now} About 6 years ago I started selling some of my rifles, I had literally run out of room, sold mostly ones that I had accumulated doubles or triples of {buying a 2nd and then a 3rd as a result of finding better examples} I more than doubled or tripled my money on those old military surplus rifles. My wife never said another word after I helped her pay off her credit card in just a months worth of selling a dozen or so of those old war relics. Also helped pay for the kids college. I recently sold a 1923 Mosin Nagant that I bought for $90 in 2005, high bidder on Gunbroker was $2250. I didn't know it when I bought it, it turned out to be a very rare Russian Kossack rifle {mounted cavalry}. It's been an absolute blast over the years collecting and shooting them, and i'm not done yet! :D
FirstNation

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:47 pm

FirstNation wrote:
commander faschisto wrote:I think most of us have "been there; done that" with the delivery guy... ;)

over 300 times? :shock: lol. Started seriously collecting about 12 years ago. I had always has a couple dozen or so hunting rifles and handguns, but now I was seriously bitten by the military surplus weapon bug, countries were dumping their obsolete military weapons in the U.S. by the millions. There were just so many different ones to collect! I started stashing them all over the house- tucked away in closets, my reloading room, the basement, family room. Then one day I took a week and built the Bunker, hung all the rifles on the walls. I'll never forget the day my wife finally came down and walked in, she almost hit the floor. She was absolutely stunned. {The collection was only a third of what it is now} About 6 years ago I started selling some of my rifles, I had literally run out of room, sold mostly ones that I had accumulated doubles or triples of {buying a 2nd and then a 3rd as a result of finding better examples} I more than doubled or tripled my money on those old military surplus rifles. My wife never said another word after I helped her pay off her credit card in just a months worth of selling a dozen or so of those old war relics. Also helped pay for the kids college. I recently sold a 1923 Mosin Nagant that I bought for $90 in 2005, high bidder on Gunbroker was $2250. I didn't know it when I bought it, it turned out to be a very rare Russian Kossack rifle {mounted cavalry}. It's been an absolute blast over the years collecting and shooting them, and i'm not done yet! :D

And I thought I needed therapy... Do we need to have an intervention? Hiding firearms around the house like a teenager hides his magazine collection...ROTFLMAO!!
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby FirstNation » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:42 am

[quote=" Do we need to have an intervention?" [/quote]
Lol, never a need for an intervention when it means collecting more firearms!
FirstNation

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:33 am

FirstNation wrote:[quote=" Do we need to have an intervention?"

Lol, never a need for an intervention when it means collecting more firearms![/quote]
Amen!
GF read this post and saw the pictures...... She says she will never harrass me again. :lol:
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby FirstNation » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:42 am

Hahahaha, it's working!!! :D :D :D
FirstNation

PreviousNext

Return to Firearms