Shot Show News

AR15, AK47, FAL, Bolt, Hangun, etc... If I find we need it I will expand this forum.

Moderator: MudBug

Shot Show News

Postby MudBug » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:27 pm

Anything you want to discuss about SHOT.

To start I have a couple pics that wildcatter just sent me.

Remington 18" 450 Bushmaster. This is huge because if Remington is putting their name on it that means they are making lots of them.

More Remington Ammo on the way.
The 260 grn Accutip

And wildcatter says that he has talked to several distributors that have the Remington Corelokts in stock. Sorry I forgot the names of the companies. I found out when he calls back
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Re: Shot Show News

Postby thebrassnuckles » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:10 pm

SWEEEEEEET!!!!
thebrassnuckles

Postby gunnut » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:32 pm

W.C said that remington is producing (2) loads for the 450 and their rife will be available in the spring. With a little luck Starline will start making the brass.
gunnut

Postby thatguy » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:40 pm

Great news on the Remy guns and ammo.. What does anyone know about that ammo??

Is this the big announcement Wildcatter was referring to a while back?

Is that Wildcatter in the pic?

brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby MudBug » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:04 pm

Yes that is Wildcatter in the pic.

Remington does have two loads, the core-lokt load and the new accutip load. The core-lokt loads are hitting stores now (at least distributors he has talked to at SHOT said they have started receiving them.) Sorry, I forgot the name of the companies.

As far as this new accutip bullet goes it looks like the design started life as a saboted slug bullet. Wildcatter says it looks like it will whistle.

Remington® Introduces the Premier® AccuTip Bonded Sabot Slug

Remington is excited to introduce the Premier AccuTip Bonded Sabot Slug. As the name implies, the Premier AccuTip is the most accurate sabot slug available. The secret behind the superior accuracy of the Premier AccuTip lies within the design of its patent-pending Power Port™ Tip. Composed of a high strength polycarbonate, this unique tip controls aerodynamic properties, balancing the slug and enhancing accuracy. Laboratory tests have proven the Premier AccuTip to be twice as accurate as the next best competitor!

The extreme performance of the Premier AccuTip doesn’t stop with accuracy. Precision spiral nose cuts combined with the bonded brass-jacket construction of the large, 58 caliber, 385-grain bullet provides superior controlled-expansion characteristics. The Premier AccuTip consistently expands to near 1 inch diameter at all ranges from 5 to 200 yards with over 95% weight retention for tremendous energy transfer and penetration.

A close examination of the big game record books quickly reveals one strikingly consistent fact; the overwhelming majority of trophy book whitetails are found in slug-only states. Why stake your hunt on inferior shotgun slugs? When the buck of a lifetime steps out at 150 yards, go ahead and squeeze the trigger! Remington Premier AccuTip Bonded Shotgun Slugs provide big-game hunters with the perfect combination of superior accuracy and controlled expansion with devastating on game performance.
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby Colohunter » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:08 pm

Good news, it is nice to see more attention for the 450. I picked a couple boxes of Hornady ammo at Cabelas yesterday. It will nice to have some more choices in ammo and brass.
Colohunter

Postby thebrassnuckles » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:27 pm

MudBug wrote: Wildcatter says it looks like it will whistle.

i agree
thebrassnuckles

Postby thatguy » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:34 pm

Is the overall length of new accutip shorter than the normal hornady round?

Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby bushmeister » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:41 pm

Great news with the increase in industry support!
bushmeister

Postby MudBug » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:14 pm

thatguy wrote:Is the overall length of new accutip shorter than the normal hornady round?

Brian

No idea, it's a completely new bullet.
Eric

MudBug
Site Admin

Next

Return to Firearms