Introduce yourself

Talk about site problems, suggestions, etc.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby BillytheKid » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:53 am

I'm Mr. Bill . . . Seriously . . . that's what the parents of my Boy Scouts had them call me by, and that's how I got my You Tube channel name: MrBillTroop73
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:15 pm

:D My name is Dennis. "mountin du" is my handle from my fishin' website. i'm from/live in south louisiana. my french & spanish roots date back to 1732 & 1768 where my ancestors settled in and around nawlin's. my grandfathers fought with Gov. Bernardo de Galvez, Gen. Andrew Jackson, Gen. Braxton Bragg, and Gen. A.A.Vandegrift. huntin', fishin', and trappin' is second only to "livin' large" here. 8-)
:) this is an excellent site, enjoy. ;)
hunt when it's cold; fish when it's not.
South Louisiana IS the sportsman's paradise!
MOUNTIN DU

Postby firehawk » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:21 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:Welcome to our electronic Campfire. You and firehawk get to make the S'mores so pull up a stump.

Well.. I've got the graham crackers and chocolate, where's Robin and the marshmellows!!!! :lol:
firehawk

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:55 pm

I'm mmmright mere.... Mot marshmallows mim my mouff...
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby etijsma » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:43 pm

hi all, my name is Erik and located near Cincinnati, Ohio. I've been lurking on here for a month or so trying to get info on the 450. I originally wanted the .50 beowulf but due to the supply of the ammo I researched more into this cal. Once I decided this is what I wanted, a couple weeks before Christmas mind you, my fantastic wife surprised me on Christmas with the almighty 20" 450 upper. :twisted:

So here I am waiting on my 10 boxes of ammo to show up and researching where to go for some black bears this fall..
etijsma

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:58 pm

etijsma wrote:hi all, my name is Erik and located near Cincinnati, Ohio. I've been lurking on here for a month or so trying to get info on the 450. I originally wanted the .50 beowulf but due to the supply of the ammo I researched more into this cal. Once I decided this is what I wanted, a couple weeks before Christmas mind you, my fantastic wife surprised me on Christmas with the almighty 20" 450 upper. :twisted:

So here I am waiting on my 10 boxes of ammo to show up and researching where to go for some black bears this fall..

Welcome to our Electronic Campfire! Pull up a stump. Smores are on me tonight, (since I have been hogging them so much). Someone go get Wildcatter outta the tent. He's been in there sulking for the last half hour.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby wildcatter » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:59 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:
etijsma wrote:hi all, my name is Erik and located near Cincinnati, Ohio. I've been lurking on here for a month or so trying to get info on the 450. I originally wanted the .50 beowulf but due to the supply of the ammo I researched more into this cal. Once I decided this is what I wanted, a couple weeks before Christmas mind you, my fantastic wife surprised me on Christmas with the almighty 20" 450 upper. :twisted:

Welcome to our Electronic Campfire! Pull up a stump. Smores are on me tonight, (since I have been hogging them so much). Someone go get Wildcatter outta the tent. He's been in there sulking for the last half hour.

LOLOLOLO!!!
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby rexican » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:06 pm

Hi, my name is Rex and I'm from Austin. Like a lot of others around here, I'm a tinkerer by nature. I've been taking things apart since I knew what a screwdriver was, and shooting almost as long. I reload, hunt, bowfish, work on classic cars (more than I would like, because I have a couple old 70's fords :P ), airbrush, and do quite a bit of woodworking. When I was three, my dad let me shoot a model 29 silhouette with 44 specials, and I've been hooked ever since. I was into competitive shooting while I was in college, and am working on getting back into it (lately responsibilities have been conspiring against me).
I've had my 450 for about a year, and since then my massive handgun hobby (I was really into T/Cs) has been put on the backburner. Now if I only had an effective brass catcher that wouldn't snag every mesquite tree in south TX.
rexican

Postby bigboreshooter » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:26 pm

Hey all, My name is Jason I'm from all over currently living near Toledo. Been hunting and fishing my whole life from iowa to california and alaska to nebraska. Did 8 years Army reserve in the signal corps. My dad asked me to build up some stripped lowers he had got years ago, havent been able to stop building since then. I was researching big bore AR calibers and found this forum about a year ago. I never even looked at other calibers again and put in my order for 16" upper. I killed me a little 8 pointer with it this year. Now I'm looking for a hog hunt in Texas or Florida. I can't wait to see what T has up his sleeves. Thanks to all who have posted tips and hard learned lessons. I was thinking a forum meet and greet once a Year would be fun to do. Maybe in Dawgs backyard. :D
Three is two, two is one and one is none.
bigboreshooter

Previous

Return to Site Discussion