Shot Show News

AR15, AK47, FAL, Bolt, Hangun, etc... If I find we need it I will expand this forum.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Shot Show News

Postby gunnut » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:39 pm

Siringo wrote:Wildcatter -- did Remington retain the Bushmaster bolt for the 450 or did they apply the new bolt size as used with the 30 RAR.The base of the 30 RAR is larger in diameter that the 450.

W.C said the Remington rifle is all Bushmaster parts, No muzzel brake, Mag is pined to 4rds. They ship it out to get the camo put on.
gunnut

Postby MudBug » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:44 pm

HOT HOT HOT

I just got some pics from Wildcatter of the new Remington Ammo.

These are a first anywhere, no one else has seen these. (Wildcatter wanted me to make sure you knew this)

They are as good as he could get right now with a cell phone in his hotel room, but he said he will try and get better pics later.

Full round, Bullet, Expanded Bullet. (He said they are bonded bullets and they are showing 97% weight retention)

Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby gunnut » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:20 pm

And.......... It Whistles!!! :lol:
gunnut

Postby wildcatter » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:29 am

gunnut wrote:And.......... It Whistles!!! :lol:

GunNut knows I teased the Remmy folks about the holes in the end, that they might whistle and that I was going to call the "Whistlers"..wink
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby 2zero6 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:36 am

Hey wildcatter were you around for all the Smith and Wesson guys getting hauled off by the feds?
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby gunnut » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:02 am

Sooo...................When are we a gein our "Whistlers"? :?
gunnut

Postby wildcatter » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:54 pm

gunnut wrote:Sooo...................When are we a gein our "Whistlers"? :?

Hey Gunny, the Remmy Production Chief told me he'd email me with a more diffident date next week, but right now, and I can only loosely say it (as in no confirmation), maybe in the spring. When I get better affirmation I'll post it.. BTW.. looks like I'll be flying in to Atlanta and driving over to AL again, in about 2 to 3 weeks, so let's set something up with the Bushmeister and a couple of our 450 Fellow Travelers and harass him into cook'en up some 450-Piggy Soufflé. I think he's out hunting the piggies right now so he can't say no, so we all should make the command decision and volunteer him.."All-in-favor, raise your hands".. "The Eyes Have it", Bushmeister's AO soon..wink
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby dale » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:00 pm

i'm interested in the Hornady 230gr FMJ's. I like punching holes in steel plates and engine blocks, etc. the ftx's dont do much in that department......
what are the chances that they will actually produce them? the 325gr dangerous games would be nice too.
dale

Postby gunnut » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:17 pm

We think along the same lines. I'd like to see a 230grn. steel core!
gunnut

Postby bushmeister » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:04 pm

wildcatter wrote: BTW.. looks like I'll be flying in to Atlanta and driving over to AL again, in about 2 to 3 weeks, so let's set something up with the Bushmeister and a couple of our 450 Fellow Travelers and harass him into cook'en up some 450-Piggy Soufflé. I think he's out hunting the piggies right now so he can't say no, so we all should make the command decision and volunteer him.."All-in-favor, raise your hands".. "The Eyes Have it", Bushmeister's AO soon..wink

That sounds great. I'll need a date pretty quick if it's during the week. I'm travelling quite a bit for work.
bushmeister

PreviousNext

Return to Firearms