450b on a registered/marked pistol lower

T/C Encore in 450b anyone?

Moderator: MudBug

450b on a registered/marked pistol lower

Postby bangotwango » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:34 pm

Wildcatter,

I have a question im sure you have been asked before.

In the shotgun zone in MI can we use a pistol lower with our 450b upper and be legal?

I believe the law is .32 cal or bigger with straight case so technically I should be good.

Does having a full set of furniture and a 20" barrel make it not a pistol?
bangotwango

Re: 450b on a registered/marked pistol lower

Postby wildcatter » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:49 am

bangotwango wrote:Wildcatter,

I have a question im sure you have been asked before.

In the shotgun zone in MI can we use a pistol lower with our 450b upper and be legal?

I believe the law is .32 cal or bigger with straight case so technically I should be good.

Does having a full set of furniture and a 20" barrel make it not a pistol?

Hey 'Ol Man, welcome to the campfire and "Beware the Ids of TexSheepDawgs", he's a S'more steal'er..

As for your question, in MI, if the length is between 26" and 32", you have to register an AR as a pistol anyway and then your are good-to-go for zone three, during the fifteen days of gun deer season and you can carry ten round mags, I've built many for zone three. Your Notion of a dedicated pistol lower is an interesting one, and I've not seen an answer for it, but I do think you'd be ready to go, if you had the registration with you, when you went afield. Buuttt, you'd better check this out with the DNR first.

Hey! Where are you at here in MI?..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby bangotwango » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:49 am

I'm in Brighton. I am an important (import I mean) from Mid-Michigan. Was used to cracking across the wide open fields with magnum calibers fighting the ever present 20mph crosswinds at those wiley whitetails and other critters that live in the beans. Started hunting in the woods in Gratiot county a couple years ago and have been using a .458 win mg in a ruger no.1 and I have been a true big boar beliver ever since. Amazed at the less than ideal shots you can pull off with a 350gr big boar!

I just can't seem to get on board with any slug guns. Set up a 500 S&W for hunting down here and just craved something better ever since. Muzzleloader in the safe to extend my season but I don't really enjoy the cleaning ritual that requires on the bench so here I set with yet another caliber to tool up for.

I am a fairly new AR guy so I only have one lower now with a few upper options including the PSE tac 15. (a bad a*% bow if you can deal with the weight and length). Hince my question here as I think I would like to build my first lower and having a pistol stamped lower is the plan. I will most likely dedicate to the 450b upper. Of course I may be asking for trouble.
bangotwango

Postby wildcatter » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:57 pm

bangotwango wrote:I'm in Brighton. I am an important (import I mean) from Mid-Michigan. Was used to cracking across the wide open fields with magnum calibers fighting the ever present 20mph crosswinds at those wiley whitetails and other critters that live in the beans. Started hunting in the woods in Gratiot county a couple years ago and have been using a .458 win mg in a ruger no.1 and I have been a true big boar beliver ever since. Amazed at the less than ideal shots you can pull off with a 350gr big boar!

I just can't seem to get on board with any slug guns. Set up a 500 S&W for hunting down here and just craved something better ever since. Muzzleloader in the safe to extend my season but I don't really enjoy the cleaning ritual that requires on the bench so here I set with yet another caliber to tool up for.

I am a fairly new AR guy so I only have one lower now with a few upper options including the PSE tac 15. (a bad a*% bow if you can deal with the weight and length). Hince my question here as I think I would like to build my first lower and having a pistol stamped lower is the plan. I will most likely dedicate to the 450b upper. Of course I may be asking for trouble.

So, yea like them .458/350's eah. Back in to 'Ol Cal gun days, I got the guys swagging .458 bullets to .452+-and these 450 rats have taken the art to new and exciting levels. The link is a picture, look at the right bullet, you wont recognize it. It was a Hornady 350gr/.458, now it's pointed and is .452" or so. Tell him about it Stealth Shooter..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Return to Pistols