250GRN XPB TERMINAL PERFORMANCE 1300LB B&C BROWN BEAR

Post pictures and tell us all about the critters you harvested with your Thumper.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: 250GRN XPB TERMINAL PERFORMANCE 1300LB B&C BROWN BEAR

Postby BillytheKid » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:51 am

Nice bear Bro!

There used to be a young man here, Logan Snider, I think is his name, that shot a bunch of bears last year. He might know if B&C has any record of .450B.

Hey, Logan, are you still on board here?
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:59 am

I would dare say you're the first. At 1300 Lbs, that bear would kick an Angus Bulls' butt.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby randyf » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:18 pm

Great Shooting......Great Write up and Pictures........Great Follow Up with the bullet recovery.

But I would LOVE to see how the 300 grain bulletswould compare in performance.....maybe give them a try next time??
randyf

Postby LlindeX » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:15 pm

Fantastic is the only word to describe it!! How long was your shot??? Did one shot take him down? What was his reaction to that hunk of 450 lead? Did you ever wish you had more gun? Give us the gory details!!!!

Congratulations on getting a fantastic bear!
LlindeX
Ask a Syrian why his gun rights are so important !
Then, ask yourself why any Politician really wants to take our's away !!!
LlindeX

Postby alaskabushmaster » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:49 pm

I did bring him down with one shot broadside through the shoulders. The shot was a close one at 35 yards. When i pulled the trigger he face planted for about 15 seconds. Somehow he got back up and ran about 30 yards and piled up in a swamp. obviously an animal you cant roll over to skin by yourself. I called for backup the next morning when the sun came up. Three of us couldnt move the beast one inch. We went to the bottom of the mountain 15 miles away and grabbed a 2000lb come along winch. We moved him about then feet to some dry ground. We got about 8 feet with the winch and it exploded the beast was so heavy. Ill never forget the feeling of walking into the clearing where he died in the morning. It wasn't until then that I understood how big this beast was. I was a little disappointed that I didn't get a complete pass through. The destruction to the chest cavity was impressive. Like I said before, the bullet was in the hide on the far side. The petal broke off in the shoulder blade and penetrated the chest cavity and cut open one of the arteries going to the heart and did some good lung damage. That bullet/cartridge combo is lethal. Thats three brownies down and one being a true monster. He was a twelve year old bear and was a warrior. He had fresh bite marks all over his head and neck. large bite scars covered his body from previous battles. The rug will be amazing. I have to say the fact that the bullet was mostly intact is surprising. This bullet was designed to move at much slower speeds in a 454 or 45 long colt. I've found petals in some of my other bears before.
MOM I WANNA GO FAST!!!! "RICKEY BOBBY"
alaskabushmaster

Postby Jeepejeep » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:58 pm

Wow, these bears can take punishment! The fact that he went 30 yards with his major internals messed up shows that. Did the bullet break the shoulders? In any case, great shot, great bear and great caliber!
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."Col. Jeff Cooper
Jeepejeep

Postby wildcatter » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:09 am

alaskabushmaster wrote:Image

Al in Mi wrote:Really Really nice bear guy.

He sure does trump my blackie from last month :shock: which was shot with 450................ but Marlins version in a 94 Winchester ;)

Not Bad, for a Little Rifle that "ONLY" fires pistol bullets!! Or at least that's what our detractors have always denigrated us over.

Ok, now you've got to help me here..

In these pictures, which figure is the Bear. I get it, that there is supposed to be two guys and two bears here, but which one, is which..wink??

I already gave Congrats to AL.

Now, the Alaska Bushmaster needs the praise and indeed has mine.

All I know is, if I'd have seen either of these bears, I'd have thrown down my gun and running away, I'd be screaming like a little girl!!

Boy-O-Boy!! Are those nice Bears, or what??

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby wildcatter » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:10 pm

alaskabushmaster wrote:That brown bear was the size of the rock the blackie
is on;) does anybody know if there has been a Boone and crocket brown killed with the 450 yet? I would love to be the first one. This is the third brown Bear to fall victim but the first b&c. There should be no doubt in anybody's mind about the big big game performance of the bushy.

I believe this "IS" the FIRST (1st) B&C Brown Bear taken with a 450 Bushmaster.

I base this on, the data I receive from most of the kills, that flow into my shop. If someone shoots something worth bragging about, they usually get a hold of me. I could be wrong, but I do believe this is the 1st..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby commander faschisto » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:18 am

Anyone know any gun rag writers?...this needs to get into the news somewhere!
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:33 am

As a matter of fact, I have a friend who is exactly that. Let me email him.
Email sent. AK, please PM me your email and Phone# in case he asks. Thanx.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

PreviousNext

Return to The Trophy Wall