12 Year old Bags One!!

Post pictures and tell us all about the critters you harvested with your Thumper.

Moderator: MudBug

12 Year old Bags One!!

Postby gunnut » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:52 am

Oklahoma girl, 12, shoot suspected burglar
Published October 19, 2012
Associated Press
DURANT, Okla. – Authorities say a 12-year-old girl shot and wounded a man who kicked in the back door of her home.
Oklahoma City television station KWTV reports the incident happened Wednesday in Bryan County. The girl told police that a stranger rang the doorbell, then went around to the back door and kicked it in.
Police say the girl called her mother, who told her to get the family's gun, hide in a closet and call 911. Authorities say the man came into the room where she was hiding and tried to open the closet door.
Bryan County Undersheriff Ken Golden says the girl opened fire when the man turned the doorknob.
Police say the suspect was taken to a hospital but has since been extradited to the Bryan County jail.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/19/ok ... z29lSPHNfc
gunnut

Re: 12 Year old Bags One!!

Postby Jeepejeep » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:15 pm

+1 for the girl! I only hope this doesn't haunt her and she gets good support from her family. I have a feeling in the long run, she'll be OK.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."Col. Jeff Cooper
Jeepejeep

Postby commander faschisto » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:34 pm

The message here is: Don't mess with an Okie mama grizzly or her offspring! I'm guessing this would not have been the scenario in NYC..
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby paulmark3010 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:24 pm

Must not have been a 450 BM. They would be needing a body bag. :twisted:
paulmark3010

Postby Jeepejeep » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:23 pm

paulmark3010 wrote:Must not have been a 450 BM. They would be needing a body bag. :twisted:

Or two and a mop!
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."Col. Jeff Cooper
Jeepejeep

Postby Hoot » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:16 pm

I'm glad I live where I do. The most excitement we see around here is the local kids stealing the occasional pumpkin off a porch this time of year. Oh I keep a piece in the night stand and have instructed my wife and daughter on what to do if something should happen. 99% of the home entries we get calls for at the 911 center come around 5 PM, when folks get home and discover they got ripped off while they and the rest of the neighborhood were at work. By far, our biggest theft calls come in the morning, when folks go out to their cars to go to work and discover that they were rifled through during the night. Violent crimes tend to occur inside Minneapolis and the inner ring suburbs. The outer ring suburbs suffer mostly from property crimes. Not always, but more often than not. Now watch. No sooner do I make a claim like that and some lost drunk will try to force his way into my house at 2 AM after the bars close. :roll:

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby kottke_35 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:36 am

Hoot wrote:I'm glad I live where I do. The most excitement we see around here is the local kids stealing the occasional pumpkin off a porch this time of year.

Wish I could say the same. :(

B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:41 pm

It had been pretty quiet around my AO up until about two years ago when they tried to evict a guy out of his house and he refused to leave... He stayed on his front porch with a firearm and the deputies had to shoot and kill him. Other things like property crimes are pretty common though. And the. A few weeks ago, there was a guy about 2 miles from my place who got in a shoot out with deputies, ran back in the house, shot his elderly mother, then himself. She survived. He died a few days later. They were trying to serve him with a warrant for making terroristic threats whatever that means. The guy was a drunk and a speed freak. Around 2004, a neighbor across the road from me was cooking and selling Meth and I let the detectives use my barn for their surveillance on him. He was gone a week later. They popped him and he's doing hard time.
His wife and kid split, taking the mobile home with them so it's a vacant acreage now.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby cptrifeg2 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:02 pm

recently a former Soldier of mine was murdered in his home trying to protect his nephew, sister in law and one other female.http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-army-vet ... 399.column While he did shoot one of the perps with their own gun before being shot him self by one of the others who broke in, he died without having a defense weapon. I say to all of my Soldiers and family members early and often- buy a home defense gun- either a magnum or a full size 45 if you have ready action drill training for jams or shotgun. fire it at least once a month, keep it loaded with one in the pipe, keep it in reach of where you sleep. 357 mag is great for females or folks with little fire arms training if it misfires keep pullig the trigger until you hear click click click.. I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

"Soldier's dont rise to the occasion, but fall to their level of training".
cptrifeg2

Postby 9x19MdM » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:04 pm

cptrifeg2 wrote:recently a former Soldier of mine was murdered in his home trying to protect his nephew, sister in law and one other female.http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-army-vet ... 399.column While he did shoot one of the perps with their own gun before being shot him self by one of the others who broke in, he died without having a defense weapon. I say to all of my Soldiers and family members early and often- buy a home defense gun- either a magnum or a full size 45 if you have ready action drill training for jams or shotgun. fire it at least once a month, keep it loaded with one in the pipe, keep it in reach of where you sleep. 357 mag is great for females or folks with little fire arms training if it misfires keep pullig the trigger until you hear click click click.. I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Keeping with the KISS principle, don't discount the 45LC option. Even though they are usually a Single Action, the guns are affordable, ammo is available and the holes they make are big.

Cabelas Black Friday price is going to be $299.99
http://www.theblackfriday.com/ads/cabel ... -ad7.shtml

9x19MdM

Return to The Trophy Wall