6pt lil rack- funny story

Post pictures and tell us all about the critters you harvested with your Thumper.

Moderator: MudBug

6pt lil rack- funny story

Postby cptrifeg2 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:59 pm

So..most of you know i'm an army grunt. The last 15 years the gov't has spent literally millions of dollars training me to kill bad guys with just about every weapon system you can think of as well as how to train others on strategy to kill forces 5X greater with whatever we have on hand- basically how to be an fing surgeon with weapon systems..what they didnt teach me is how to hunt deer..It had been 15 years since I've shot one. even then i used iron sights on a shotgun. So day 3 of deer season is the first time I see a deer worth taking, big doe. Shes trotting along at about 275 yards... I miss with my leopold on X9 in dense forrest...yah im an idiot..so then I start walking from my tree stand 3 revenges over to get a better vantage point and about step on a damn 6 pter whos asleep....It startled me so much I actually reached for my sidearm that I didnt have and told him to get down on the ground...way to go army training..i shoot and miss as all I see is ass and elbows of him..So tonight I calm down ad wait..20 minutes in the stand this little bugger trotted up about 175 yards out, this time with my scope down to X4 where it should be I sall the small rack but said good enough.. Bang flop.
Anyone doubts that a 250grain hornady has damage potential at around 200 yards look below at the holes and the pile of soup I scooped out that was his heart.
entrance hole
exit hole
heart- didnt mangle it I litterally hand scooped it out as goo.

"Soldier's dont rise to the occasion, but fall to their level of training".
cptrifeg2

Re: 6pt lil rack- funny story

Postby wildcatter » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:58 pm

So, now your a real shooter and looter. Good Job!!

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby cptrifeg2 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:42 pm

wildcatter wrote:So, now your a real shooter and looter. Good Job!!

..t

Thank you for making the best damn deer gun period. I do like bolt action magnums for long shots, but indiana forests..the AR platform..if DNR laws permitted me to drop them 2 at a time I could with this beast. I'm rolling X1- X3 aim point red dot next year. Scopes are nice when you have time and open ground without brush..none of which you find in an indiana forrest just the corn fields.. :mrgreen:

cptrifeg2

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:11 pm

Congrats! Great story.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby kottke_35 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:24 pm

Nice job! Good story too.

B
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Postby B swift » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:50 pm

Very cool. Thanks for sharing with us! :)
"A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand".
~Lucius Annaeus Seneca
B swift

Postby Siringo » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:40 am

cptrifeg2 wrote:
wildcatter wrote:So, now your a real shooter and looter. Good Job!!

..t

Thank you for making the best damn deer gun period. I do like bolt action magnums for long shots, but indiana forests..the AR platform..if DNR laws permitted me to drop them 2 at a time I could with this beast. I'm rolling X1- X3 aim point red dot next year. Scopes are nice when you have time and open ground without brush..none of which you find in an indiana forrest just the corn fields.. :mrgreen:

I hunt the big woods in Northern MN and I recently spent the money and purchased a Trijicon Accupoint 1 x 4. I got the post with the green triangle. Best scope I have ever used for hunting. They are spendy ----- but so is the AR Platform. Just for fun, I mounted this on my 30 WSSM upper and was nailing bowling balls at 500 yards with ease. It now resides on my 450B and the 30 WSSM will get the 3 x 9 next year (after I save some money).
Siringo

Postby cptrifeg2 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:45 pm

slim pickings this year..saw a big doe today..went to take a shot at her and knocked over my diet pepsi..spooking her..the bullet hit the deer next to her in the head lol.. how cool is that. 210 yards in the face lol...his skull was jello.

cptrifeg2

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:19 pm

:mrgreen: Congrats! i saw your post on facebook too :)

:roll: i'm still waiting to score on one too! :oops:
hunt when it's cold; fish when it's not.
South Louisiana IS the sportsman's paradise!
MOUNTIN DU

Return to The Trophy Wall