450 discontinued?

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

450 discontinued?

Postby mossy89 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:39 am

On Facebook's 450 bushmaster page, someone had ordered a 450 bushmaster from his local store back in October, and he said the other day they told him his order was cancelled and that the 450 was discontinued. Say it ain't so! I don't think it is and I don't know why someone would say that. But there's no telling with all this craziness goin on.
mossy89

Re: 450 discontinued?

Postby BillytheKid » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:06 pm

It's still showing on the Bushmaster web sight...

http://www.bushmaster.com/firearms/hunting.asp
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby commander faschisto » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:12 pm

This came up once before, and it seems to be a confusion with Remington not selling their version...I think. :?
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby kottke_35 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:18 pm

Or just that Bushmaster is done with production this year?

B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Postby wildcatter » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:57 pm

mossy89 wrote:On Facebook's 450 bushmaster page, someone had ordered a 450 bushmaster from his local store back in October, and he said the other day they told him his order was cancelled and that the 450 was discontinued. Say it ain't so! I don't think it is and I don't know why someone would say that. But there's no telling with all this craziness goin on.

Yup, it is Craziness. As of Wednesday, this week, they were nearly 2000 behind and building as fast as they could. There is no telling what transpired with that order and by the time I read it here its prolly gone through tons of lips.

If I were to guess and this is only a guess, is that the Distributor, the local would have to be using, won't be able to get any for months or it was about that time that Scott over at Walsh, was told by his distributor that all of the parts were going into long guns only, until sometime next year.

Go figure what really transpired, but for now, we are in good shape. I say for now, because the Obamination has all kinds of things planned for you..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Liqtor » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:32 pm

Placed an order today 26-12-12... Direct to Bushmaster was told 6-8mo. wait; hope this has helped.
Liqtor

Postby wildcatter » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:57 am

Liqtor wrote:Placed an order today 26-12-12... Direct to Bushmaster was told 6-8mo. wait; hope this has helped.

Good thing you ordered.

I suspect and this is only supposition here, but I think you may get your 450 allot earlier, as sooner than latter the Mad-Buyers, will leave the system and the market will settle down. Of course we'll get another rush latter this week and possibly next week as well, after Senator Gloria Slim-Swine, introduces her mess, but all-in-all, I think things will cool down and then the consistent buyers will again rule. So, it is a good thing to order now and wait out the Madness, as opposed to ordering in 6-8 months and then not getting the rifle for well over a year from now and you can always refuse the order when it comes in, because there are always buyers waiting in the wings..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby cptrifeg2 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:03 pm

The Remington /Bushmaster is discontinued..I have noticed a few shops only show the Remington/ Bushmaster on the books and not the Straight Bushmaster. My fav local shop tried to tell me I had a 4,000 rifle if I was willing to sell it..once I was honest enough to explain mine was in no way made by Remington and I painted it myself..my dealer had a sobering moment..If I were ok with ripping off my long time friend I would have sold it to him in a second lol.

"Soldier's dont rise to the occasion, but fall to their level of training".
cptrifeg2

Postby wildcatter » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:54 pm

NO, NO, NO!!!!!

I am getting allot of inquiries over that Face Book Madness!!

They have not Discontinued the rifle and it is healthier than ever.

Back orders are going to take some time (2-8 months), but better to order now and get it far earlier, than the guys that will wait until their shop has them in stock (1-2 years). If you back order you will get it at the standard price, if you wait until it gets restocked, the price will reflect, price inflation (gouging).

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Return to AR15 Style Rifles