Night vision.....

Red Dot? Low Power Variable? Muzzle Loader glass?
I get it, what to choose, what to choose.
Get info and talk about it here.

Moderator: MudBug

Night vision.....

Postby rb288 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:53 am

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but since it is the 450B forum, I thought I'd try.

I have an opportunity to purchase an AN/PVS-14 night vision scope at a very good price.
I am thinking that I would like to mount it on my 450B for hunting hogs after dark.
It would be mounted behind my Aimpoint PRO and mounted on an Aimpoint twist mount that I would alternate with an Aimpoint 3x magnifier.

My question is...has any of you had experience with this scope and is it strong enough to handle 450 recoil.
Now, I know that the recoil on a 450B isn't that bad, but I've read some articles that say that the PVS-14 is designed for 5.56 recoil only.

I'll probably buy it anyway just to have a good NV monocular, but I don't want to trash it by mounting it on my rifle if it can't take the recoil.

Thanks, in advance, for any thoughts and comments.
I may have been on the losing side, but, I'm not convinced it was the wrong side.
rb288

Re: Night vision.....

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:09 am

I don't have any experience with this, but I'm replying so it will bump this inquiry back into the fray in hopes someone here will be able to respond.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Re: Night vision.....

Postby 3rdgeargrndrr » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:50 pm

NV would be a great asset but still wouldnt give me the huevos to hunt boars at night. :oops:
in the places closest to me for hog hunting, they only come out at night,
WC has a night vision scope on his avatar...
CA: Exorcising my rights
3rdgeargrndrr

Return to Optics for the 450 Bushmaster