MORE EXECUTIVE ORDERS- THE GREAT AK BAN

AR15, AK47, FAL, Bolt, Hangun, etc... If I find we need it I will expand this forum.

Moderator: MudBug

MORE EXECUTIVE ORDERS- THE GREAT AK BAN

Postby 3rdgeargrndrr » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:01 pm

If the people and the balance of power don't succumb to his demands, he just makes more EO's. Russian built AK style rifles are now banned from importation.

First the ammo ban, http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/04/robert-farago/atf-bans-importation-of-russian-made-5-45x39-armor-piercing-ammo/

Next the rifle ban http://bearingarms.com/obama-executive-order-halts-import-izmashsaiga-firearms/

Unfortunately, the AK is still seen as a "gun for bad guys" in the eyes of many, even within the gun community. Unfortunately, it is difficult to reeducate those accustomed into believing the personification of guns.

What Sam Colt gave to America, Mikhail Kalashnikov gave to the world. It's not a rifle, its a voice for the everyday man.

I'm not trying to start a debate about what Russia is attempting to do in the world at this point, because this ban isn't really intended on impacting Russian economics. Its really for the children right?
CA: Exorcising my rights
3rdgeargrndrr

Re: MORE EXECUTIVE ORDERS- THE GREAT AK BAN

Postby wildcatter » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:55 pm

3rdgeargrndrr wrote:If the people and the balance of power don't succumb to his demands, he just makes more EO's. Russian built AK style rifles are now banned from importation.

First the ammo ban, http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/04/robert-farago/atf-bans-importation-of-russian-made-5-45x39-armor-piercing-ammo/

Next the rifle ban http://bearingarms.com/obama-executive-order-halts-import-izmashsaiga-firearms/

Unfortunately, the AK is still seen as a "gun for bad guys" in the eyes of many, even within the gun community. Unfortunately, it is difficult to reeducate those accustomed into believing the personification of guns.

What Sam Colt gave to America, Mikhail Kalashnikov gave to the world. It's not a rifle, its a voice for the everyday man.

I'm not trying to start a debate about what Russia is attempting to do in the world at this point, because this ban isn't really intended on impacting Russian economics. Its really for the children right?

You Got that right!! We can be our own Worst Enemies, sometimes. .."If you don't hunt the way I do, You're not Hunting" and .."If you like a certain kind of weapon, that I don't think is Kosher, then what the heck is wrong with you"?? .."You use a 450 BUSHMASTER, if you were a real man you'd use a knife"..Etc, etc, etc. We've all heard this kind of thing, why do we do it? The Anti's just love to quote us. We'd be better off if we'd just SHUT-UP and be WAY MORE tolerant of our fellow enthusiast..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby glock23c » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:38 am

Nothing has brought this on more than the "Black Rifle". There are so may Fudds out there that if you don't hunt with an 870 or a side by side you aren't hunting. Show up at deer camp with a Remington 742 in 30/06 and you are "one of the boys". Show up with an AR10 in 308 or an AR15 in 450 and you are a "spray and pray nut".

We are our own worst enemy at times.
glock23c

Postby LegendInMyOwnMind » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:25 pm

glock23c wrote:Nothing has brought this on more than the "Black Rifle". There are so may Fudds out there that if you don't hunt with an 870 or a side by side you aren't hunting. Show up at deer camp with a Remington 742 in 30/06 and you are "one of the boys". Show up with an AR10 in 308 or an AR15 in 450 and you are a "spray and pray nut".

The black rifle hasn't brought this on, it's this administrations radical agenda making the black rifle "evil" and "dangerous".
I do agree it is essentially a 742 with a tuxedo on....
LegendInMyOwnMind

Postby wildcatter » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:42 pm

LegendInMyOwnMind wrote:
glock23c wrote:Nothing has brought this on more than the "Black Rifle". There are so may Fudds out there that if you don't hunt with an 870 or a side by side you aren't hunting. Show up at deer camp with a Remington 742 in 30/06 and you are "one of the boys". Show up with an AR10 in 308 or an AR15 in 450 and you are a "spray and pray nut".

The black rifle hasn't brought this on, it's this administrations radical agenda making the black rifle "evil" and "dangerous".
I do agree it is essentially a 742 with a tuxedo on....

Here-Here. I only hope you guys are jumping on our Mamby-Pabies within our very own Hunting/Shooting Communities, thus Warning, Correcting and Educating them on the Vulgarities of their Vocal Thoughts. In other words tell them WHY they should just simply, "Shut-Up" and quit giving the Anti's the Ammunition they need..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby 3rdgeargrndrr » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:42 am

The AK has alwaYs been the lowest hanging fruit right under the AR for gun grabbers. Globally We first saw it in the hands if the Vietcong. We see then in the hands of Somali pirates and jihadi rebels / terrorists.
We have villified it over decades. Now when Obama sneaks in an order to end importation of AK's its met with very little resistance. Any true American who says we shouldnt be allowed to own an AK because "its evil and not American " repeats exactly what the left keeps pushing. How many of these exact same guys when they were 12 or 13 picked up a $50 surplus Nazi Mauser at Big 5 from a cosmoline soaked barrel?
Divide and conquer, pit us against ourselves and let us fight for the scraps and tear each other to shreds. Makes the survivors less in number. There are still scalpers selling 22 and reloading components to this day sucking from the teat of the original panic of 2013. While our liberties were still being swept out feom under us.
All guns are beautiful in their own way and are able to tells stories. My AK IS THE GRITTIEST UGLIEST GUN IN THE SAFE. BUT SHE LOOKS DAMN BEAUTIFUL SITTING NEXT TO MY MINT M16.
3rdgeargrndrr

Postby 3rdgeargrndrr » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:47 pm

I realized this belongs in off topic.Mudbug if youre still there, please move
3rdgeargrndrr

Postby Dave selepack » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:10 pm

People who are ignorant of the truth always think they are always seem to preach the truth. Right always wins in the end. ( have faith it may just take time.
Dave selepack

Return to Firearms