SEO/Site enhancements

Talk about site problems, suggestions, etc.

Moderator: MudBug

SEO/Site enhancements

Postby 99avant » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:44 pm

Hi-

I noticed the site SEO is a little lacking. I could throw together a few suggestions if you're interested. I've got a background in PHP development, and I'm willing to donate some time to make the site better!
99avant

Re: SEO/Site enhancements

Postby Hoot » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:50 am

Improving the SEO certainly gets my vote. I get agitated with the algorithm that decides that there are too many occurrences of a search expression and rather than give you the first page worth of hits, so that you realize the need to reconstruct the expression, just dumps you out. :roll:

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby wildcatter » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:45 pm

My vote too, who has to be the one to pull the trigger? Mudbug??

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby 99avant » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:31 pm

Hoot wrote:Improving the SEO certainly gets my vote. I get agitated with the algorithm that decides that there are too many occurrences of a search expression and rather than give you the first page worth of hits, so that you realize the need to reconstruct the expression, just dumps you out. :roll:

Hoot

Sounds like you are talking about the site search in the top right of the page. Honestly, you are far better using google to search the site. Use the prefix of "site:450bushmaster.net" on your search and you will get lots of results. Searching is always the biggest issue for forums. It takes up a lot of resources, and that is why the algorithms want you to be very specific and not use common or short words.

What I am referencing is the lack of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for the site. The lack of a meta description and content besides actual posts is really hurting search engine rankings. For example, search "450 Bushmaster" on google. This site comes up as the 5th or 6th result. With some enhancements we could get closer to the top. There are lots of benefits to this.
99avant

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:13 pm

I would definitely like to see some improvements in this area. Yes. You would need to get with MudBug on this.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Return to Site Discussion