fireclean suing bloggers who released "canola oil" tests

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

fireclean suing bloggers who released "canola oil" tests

Postby plant_one » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:19 pm

i dont know the guy personally, just have read his blog on multiple occasions, and now it looks like he's being tackled by a corporate big-wheel to try to silence their testing relating to their product.

although i guess if you're selling a product with that kind of markup - if it is what the lab tests suggest - you can afford to put the screws to a not-for-profit blogger and a college chemistry student who let the cat out of the bag.

here's the link to their gofundme page for those who wish to donate

https://www.gofundme.com/spwt9qss

even if you dont want to donate - sharing this around the web might help these guys out.

http://www.vuurwapenblog.com/uncategori ... -articles/

FIRECLEAN SUES OVER VUURWAPENBLOG ARTICLES
MARCH 31, 2016 ANDREW TUOHY 13 COMMENTS
Recently I discovered that myself and Everett Baker were being sued by FireClean for publishing the results of scientific testing of their product along with, among other things, canola oil. You may read their entire complaint here.

I have set up a GoFundMe page for a legal defense fund here.

A major thrust of their suit is that I claimed or implied their product was Crisco. If you will recall from the first article, I clearly stated “I did not – and still do not – believe that FireClean is Crisco…”

When TFB posted an article titled in part “FireClean is Crisco,” I urged the author to change his title and commented publicly on the article that, again, I did not think FireClean was Crisco.

There are obviously issues with their other claims in the complaint, but that is one I felt needed to be addressed immediately.

Furthermore, the series of articles published here contained tests from three different laboratories, and I published every bit of available data and every relevant quote from those who reviewed the data. FireClean’s legal complaint contains a redacted (missing the full spectra) NMR test from a single laboratory.

More to come.
plant_one

Re: fireclean suing bloggers who released "canola oil" tests

Postby Hoot » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:44 pm

On this date, March 31, 2016, I hereby recant anything negative, even if it is the truth, I ever said about a product on this, or any other forum.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby plant_one » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:54 pm

Hoot wrote:On this date, March 31, 2016, I hereby recant anything negative, even if it is the truth, I ever said about a product on this, or any other forum.

Hoot

from your lips to gods ears.

this has legal repercussions to the entire forum/blog online community that does any kinds of product reviews or research.

that reason alone is enough to give these guys some support - even if its just by spreading awareness of the cause!
plant_one

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:46 am

I wonder if people could get sued for saying Donald Trump is not "Conservative"? :roll:
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Return to Off Topic