Barnes did a run of 275gr TSX .451 boolits!

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Barnes did a run of 275gr TSX .451 boolits!

Postby commander faschisto » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:47 pm

For those interested; looks like Barnes did their annual run of 275gr TSX .451 boolits finally. If you want any, get all that you need because it'll be a long time till the next run. Midway has some in stock, but I'm sure others will show up soon also:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/330426 ... roductLink
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Re: Barnes did a run of 275gr TSX .451 boolits!

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:32 am

Man. I need to get busy on those 275s. But in asking around in private conversations, I've not been able to find a good and safe starting load for the 1680. Since then, I've been extremely distracted by family and work issues and my medical issues. But things are going to change starting in August. I'm going off night shift and on to evening shift. My days of living the life of Barnabas Collins are drawing towards an end.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby commander faschisto » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:58 am

Good news! Night shift is a tough row to hoe...not nice to fool Mother Nature and be up at night; tough on the bod.
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member

commander faschisto

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:49 am

commander faschisto wrote:Good news! Night shift is a tough row to hoe...not nice to fool Mother Nature and be up at night; tough on the bod.

Yeah. I've been working it since 2009. And look how screwed up I am now.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby commander faschisto » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:28 pm

Off topic again, but...If I were youse, I would never go back to grave shift again. Jus' sayin'. Studies have now shown that long-term grave shift workers have all sorts of negative physical and mental/emotional issues caused by the reversal of our evolutionary background. The list of potential problems related to long-term day/night work-shift reversal is a long one...we need ya here, man!
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member

commander faschisto

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:48 pm

I do what I have to do. I agreed to take this job and that also required me to sign that I would take ANY shift given to me. I've been on solid nights for a LONG time. I even get bonus pay for it. It sucks. But I agreed to it.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby commander faschisto » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:11 pm

Understand...I've had the same thing happen. Hang in there, and take care of #1...
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member

commander faschisto

Postby Ksquared » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:23 pm

Yes! I received an order directly from Barnes a couple days ago. I had called this week asking for guidance on a Barnes bullet specifically for the 450b. They had plenty of these 275's in stock. The Barnes rep was very helpful and provided me with some load data using H110, which I like for my .44 mag and other hand-cannons but most of the reading I do points toward Lil Gun which appears to produce a faster round. I'm going on a hunt next August and want some good black bear medicine. Been using Barnes expanders in my 12 gauge for years on Lapeer County whitetails and when I do my job the bullet always does too. Recovered a dozen of these things over the years expanded perfectly, looking just like the Barnes pictures! Amazing. Want that same level of one-shot-kill out of my bushy.

Does anyone have a pet load for these TSX 275's? I appreciate any advice I can get to get started with this caliber.
Ksquared

Postby Hoot » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:11 am

Ksquared wrote:Yes! I received an order directly from Barnes a couple days ago. I had called this week asking for guidance on a Barnes bullet specifically for the 450b. They had plenty of these 275's in stock. The Barnes rep was very helpful and provided me with some load data using H110, which I like for my .44 mag and other hand-cannons but most of the reading I do points toward Lil Gun which appears to produce a faster round. I'm going on a hunt next August and want some good black bear medicine. Been using Barnes expanders in my 12 gauge for years on Lapeer County whitetails and when I do my job the bullet always does too. Recovered a dozen of these things over the years expanded perfectly, looking just like the Barnes pictures! Amazing. Want that same level of one-shot-kill out of my bushy.

Does anyone have a pet load for these TSX 275's? I appreciate any advice I can get to get started with this caliber.

IMHO, the current generation Lil Gun is at the top end of its sweet zone with 275gr and above bullets and H110 was good advice. Reaching top safe speed is not always the end goal. Go for the velocity that your rig likes with a given bullet, as indicated by accuracy and consistency. In the case of whitetails, if you're really after as high a safe speed as possible, drop back to the 200s. They're plenty lethal on big whitetails and they'll fly safely faster than the 275s. Any pet load someone can offer will be somewhat unique to their rig's configuration. Back when there was just the Bushmaster brand, recipes could generally translate from one person's rig to another. Now there is a plethora of sources for barrels and complete uppers in the case of AR based platforms. Add to that, there's the emerging bolt action and single shot platforms, which bring a new set of variables to the equation. About the best advice anyone here, who has a rig of similar pedigree to yours, would be a safe starting load. Beyond that, you need to work up what your rig, with it's manufacturing tolerances, likes.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:54 am

I've got some loaded up and ready to go. I haven't run any across the chrony yet nor done any target punching. It's been too bloody hot here and I'm still extremely sensitive to heat. I did fire just one round in my NE Single shot and if there had been a deer at 50 yards from me, I probably would have rolled it. (I was showing off the rifle to my uncle. I let him shoot some 250 grain Shockwaves). But that was all I've done this summer. I've spent most of my days either swimming and snorkeling or at work. The swimming and snorkeling thing is just a way of being able to get outside and get some excersise without risking overheating and passing out. It's been a fun summer of it and I've even taken my Go Pro on a couple of snorkeling trips. Debating posting those on my You Tube channel though because doing so will definitely confuse my audience. LMAO.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Next

Return to Reloading for the 450b