Ammo Availability Thread.

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Ammo Availability Thread.

Postby Hoot » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:04 am

m113103 wrote:Didn't Hoot re-crimp the 260gr to tighten the group and velocity's. :P :P :D

Yes I did, but that was back when they first came out. I realize this is wishful thinking but I'd hope that they would have improved their manufacturing technique by now. Off to the showers. 8" snow last night, sculpted by howling winds this morning. My yard looks like the badlands. :|

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby m113103 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:39 am

I remember as a kid crawling out the window to shovel snow away from the doors. The old Minnesota winters. Don't miss them a bit. :P :P :P :D
m113103

Postby commander faschisto » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:36 pm

Check the date of manufacture on the Greenies...the first year's batch (I think it was 2012) had miscellaneous case mouth crimps, ranging from slightly expanded, to straight-ahead no crimp, to approximately correct crimp (.474) in roughly equal proportions. For the 2013 runs, and later, they seem to have heard the criticism and seem to have consistently crimped things correctly, at least as far as I can tell. I'll launch a box or two from later runs and try to post the results one of these days.
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:51 am

commander faschisto wrote:Check the date of manufacture on the Greenies...the first year's batch (I think it was 2012) had miscellaneous case mouth crimps, ranging from slightly expanded, to straight-ahead no crimp, to approximately correct crimp (.474) in roughly equal proportions. For the 2013 runs, and later, they seem to have heard the criticism and seem to have consistently crimped things correctly, at least as far as I can tell. I'll launch a box or two from later runs and try to post the results one of these days.

Commander Fast Cheetos!!!! Where ya been lately!?!
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby commander faschisto » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:12 am

"Off the grid" doing a little contract work in an exotic vacation locale...still picking sand out of various nooks and crannies, but all is well. :mrgreen:
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby SGWINK » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:14 am

If your in Michigan - Mid Thumb region specific there is a corner gas station, truck stop and yes, a gun store carrying a chit-ton of 450 Hornady's.. Place is called Scott's Quick Stop. Bought 3 while on my way to Northern MI. Glad to see.

Address is 5 N Van Dyke Rd, Marlette, MI 48453

SGWINK

Postby dantheman » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:32 am

The 450 Busmaster isn't a popular round here in NY...yet. Aside from a local gun show every few months, the ammo's just not anywhere to be found.And naturally there's a premium tagged on at the gun show.

It's very difficult to find an online vendor willing to ship ammo into NY due to the NYSAFE Act...but fortunately there are a couple ;)

Dan
dantheman

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:31 am

dantheman wrote:The 450 Busmaster isn't a popular round here in NY...yet. Aside from a local gun show every few months, the ammo's just not anywhere to be found.And naturally there's a premium tagged on at the gun show.

It's very difficult to find an online vendor willing to ship ammo into NY due to the NYSAFE Act...but fortunately there are a couple ;)

Dan

But that's not a "450 Bushmaster" issue. That's an issue inherent with several different types of rifles in New York State, where are politicians consider slingshots assault weapons. That's not a 450 Bushmaster problem. That's something deeper.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby dantheman » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:49 pm

There's a lot of deeper problems in Albany. I would think the 450 Bushmaster would be a great round in the Adirondacks. I guess once the Ruger American is around a couple of years in 450 we'll see if the cartridge catches fire.

You're right about those slingshots too...lol.

Dan
dantheman

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:07 pm

dantheman wrote:There's a lot of deeper problems in Albany. I would think the 450 Bushmaster would be a great round in the Adirondacks. I guess once the Ruger American is around a couple of years in 450 we'll see if the cartridge catches fire.

You're right about those slingshots too...lol.

Dan

450 has caught fire. In spite of all the negative smack that's being said about the cartridge on the ARFCOM/SOCOM/BEOWULFCOM forums and people who have going out of their way to criticize the round, even though they've never even shot one or done any R&D on the cartridge itself, The Firearms world is beginning to realize just how great this round is. When a firearms manufacturer like Ruger embraces the cartridge as it has, that's saying something. I sure do wish Timothy LeGendre would check in. Somebody go up there to Michigan and poke around in those cedar shavings and see if you can't Stir him up! I would kind a like to know what he think about Sturm Ruger making a rifle in bolt action for his 450 bushmaster cartridge. Wildcatter! Where are you?!?
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

PreviousNext

Return to AR15 Style Rifles