Ruger American Gen 1 more accurate than production models ?

I know of one so far, let's see if more show up.

Moderator: MudBug

Ruger American Gen 1 more accurate than production models ?

Postby Pig_Popper » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:10 pm

Any truth to this guys claim? Read his description

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/616223052

Edit: adding his description to this post should it disappear after sale

"[Information added 1/28/2017 4:14:30 PM]
THIS IS NIB not factory new. So sorry, I didn't choose the right category. It is brand new with factory oil still on it. It was delivered to my FFL about three weeks ago. This is a first generation version and it is my understanding that future production versions may not be as accurate. Watch the video on you tube of the 300 yard grouping."

At 6:00 minutes in on this video you see that Gen 1 (Randy's Hunting) gun prints a 1 1/4" group at 300 yards
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vww1wjqf0JM

I've yet to find a YouTube 300 yard video for the upcoming production version and frankly this is what makes the claim weak by the seller of this particular listing.

And I agree with the first few to respond below - he's just sayin this to generate a sale.
Last edited by Pig_Popper on Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
I Smell Bacon
Pig_Popper

Re: Ruger American Gen 1 more accurate than production model

Postby Siringo » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:36 pm

That is a false unsubstantiated claim just to make a sale.
Siringo

Postby Al in Mi » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:55 am

Siringo wrote:That is a false unsubstantiated claim just to make a sale.

be my guess too. lot of things go into a accurate rifle, conditions, barrel, ammo, scope, and shooter. most of the guys I know that have them don't shoot past 200yds and hold 3 shot groups around 2 1/2" with the 3-9 scopes.
Al in Mi

Postby coyote wacker » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:57 am

LOL........ :roll:
Stocks made in same molds.....action made on same CNC's.....barrel made on same CNC's.....made in same factory.....all Rugers Americans made same way.....

I have only seen or heard of one Ruger American not being a dam good shooting factory built rifle....some how the firing pin broke on the first shot with the gun....Ruger sent a FedEx pick-up label owner had a new rifle in 6 days....
coyote wacker

Postby Hoot » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:52 am

This is Gunbroker we're talking about right? That's like arguing over whether the WWF is real wresting or not.

wwf_rifles.jpg
wwf_rifles.jpg (39.71 KiB) Viewed 19593 times
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Pig_Popper » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:57 am

Hoot wrote:This is Gunbroker we're talking about right? That's like arguing over whether the WWF is real wresting or not.

wwf_rifles.jpg

Ahhh Mr. Randy Savage - R-I-P

Yes Hoot I agree however when somebody pays him 800.00 bucks for that rifle and later finds out their buddy who paid 450 is getting the same accuracy they'll come here (the Mecca of 450b information) and start asking about differences -

Granted we have a new Hornady ammo offering (Black) and as Al states a whole bunch of other variables to accuracy.

Hopefully somebody reads this thread before bidding and saves themselves some coin!
I Smell Bacon
Pig_Popper

Postby Jacko » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:39 pm

I'm interested in this because I am waiting impatiently for the RARR .450 BM to arrive in Australia as I have been scouring the Net looking for every bit of good / bad or indifferent information I can. It strikes me as an ideal Rifle / Calibre for open Woodland and for someone who call's 200 Yards a very long way in the Bush, that's just the way I Hunt. I was talking to a Mate on the Phone yesterday who's employed in the Firearms Industry who has International exposure who assures me his information comes straight from the horse's mouth that I am a fool for looking at buying a .450 BM RARR when they hit our Shores - It's a Sh!7 Cartridge he say's, the fact that it was dreamed up for the AR Platform should tell you that, it' was designed for 40 yard shot's etc ??????

I ask how is it a Sh!7 Cartridge, The numbers are close to the 45.70 at like pressures, the RA is as reliable a Rifle as any of the other's in it's class, stoke it up to Bolt Action Pressure's and it can exceed the 300 win Mag in Muzzle Energy and it has a huge range of Projectiles to choose from - We'll catch up for a face to face chat and I'll get to the bottom of what he is saying. This Fella is a stand up Bloke, has never steered me wrong and I truly am perplexed at what I'm being told as not one bit of it makes sense to me.

regards Jacko
Jacko

Postby winman1550 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:24 pm

Never being one to shy away from stirring the pot. I had to e-mail him and ask for his inside info on HIS guns accuracy. I also welcomed him to join us here on the forum. We'll see if he e-mails me in return.

Greg
winman1550

Postby Gondwana » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:04 am

Hoot wrote:This is Gunbroker we're talking about right? That's like arguing over whether the WWF is real wresting or not.

wwf_rifles.jpg

LOL! Hoot, plus 1 to that Sir!
Gondwana

Postby Tripplebeards » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:07 pm

If you listen to randy on his video he said that rifle was one of the most accurate to date he tested. Complete marketing gimmick. If you don't think for one second he didn't cherry pic that rifle after firing several of his inventory you guys are nuts. it's all a marketing hype...which made me buy one,lol, and hopefully mine shoots as good. All barrels shoot different that's why some exact model guns shoot horrible with the same load vs some shoot great. You could buy ten 450 RAR rifles and shoot the same load in them and you will find out they all group differently.. I get a kick out when someone wants to know your load data when You get tight groups...expecting the same results and finding out they can't hit the broad side of a barn with them. i can bet you Randy's in house smith did some trigger work on it as well. Mine had travel and felt like 40 grit sandpaper and there was no way the lowest setting was even close to three pounds, more like 5lbs until I polished it and removed a spring and a half out of it. I will say Randy's a hell of a shot to shoot a 1 1/4" group at 300 yards with a 3x9 optic Since the standard leupold crosshairs cover up a 2" circle at 200 yards. Hmmm
Tripplebeards

Return to Bolt Action Rifles