Dawdle and Lose

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Dawdle and Lose

Postby Hoot » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:11 pm

A short while back, I told folks to get on the email notification list for These Bullets. My email was on there. This afternoon around 4:55, I went into the kitchen to text the Mrs and see when she wanted to meet at Culver's for our Friday night date night. There was an email notification on the phone. Upon checking it, Lo and Behold, they were back in stock as of 7 minutes earlier. Suspecting that other folks were watching out for them, I immediately sat down at my computer, followed the link and put a box of 100 in my cart. I felt guilty about not needing more to make the shipping worthwhile. I remembered I wanted a certain size Pro-Shot cleaning patch that has been out of stock for a while and upon checking it was back in stock, so I added a 500ct bag to my cart. It was 8 minutes later by then. As soon as I added it, I got a popup saying the bullets in my cart were no longer available. I canceled the patches and tried my best to kick myself in the butt for not pulling the trigger while I could. Luckily I'm not out of 250gr bullets, but for $.19 each for the all copper version, I figured I'd stockpile a box of them. The moral of the story being, when opportunity knocks, move fast or suffer the consequences. Hopefully, I'll get another crack at these down the road and will be near my smart phone or computer when the word is passed along. I hope some of you got in on that great deal.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Re: Dawdle and Lose

Postby BW460 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:07 am

I got excited when I saw the email... but, no joy for me either! To add even more insult to injury, they are now listed as being on sale for $13.49 per hundred.... and out of stock.
BW460

Postby Hoot » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:12 pm

BW460 wrote:I got excited when I saw the email... but, no joy for me either! To add even more insult to injury, they are now listed as being on sale for $13.49 per hundred.... and out of stock.

In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby MOOSE EARS » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:32 pm

I got the same notification and checked as soon as it showed up and they were already gone. I don't believe they had more than a box or 2 and now they're is no option for notification.
MOOSE EARS

Postby Hoot » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:56 pm

MOOSE EARS wrote:I got the same notification and checked as soon as it showed up and they were already gone. I don't believe they had more than a box or 2 and now they're is no option for notification.

I noticed that as well. I think someone woke up and realized the error of their ways. A while back they were $18.99/50 not 100. Oh well, they stirred our group up anyway. :roll:

Hoot
Hoot

Return to Reloading for the 450b