New factory load in 450b!

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: New factory load in 450b!

Postby Hoot » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:52 pm

Thom28 wrote:Are these the 225 FTX bullets you are talking about?

Hornady FTX Bullets 45 Colt (Long Colt) (452 Diameter) 225 Grain Flex Tip eXpanding Box of 100

Ballistics Information
•Sectional Density: 0.157
•Ballistic Coefficient:0.145

They are listed under Pistol Bullets on Midway.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/19244 ... box-of-100

Thanks

Thom

Yep, that's them. Midway had blemished ones on sale last year for something like $16.99/100. It was a steal! I bought two boxes of them and then put the info up here. By the time I went back to order some more, like later that day or the next morning, they were gone to good homes. If I see them come around again, I will also post it here. It pays to visit Midway's blemished bullets page once a day. The good die young. ;)

Hoot

EDIT; Shop around and you will find them a little cheaper from time to time. manventureoutpost.com used to have them for $26.something/100.
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby BillytheKid » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:52 pm

If they're not California compliant non lead projectiles, they don't help me and I have to continue to tell everyone in California not to purchase a .450 Bushmaster caliber rifle.
DO YOU HEAR ME HORNADY? DO YOU HEAR ME REMINGTON? YOU BROKE YOUR PROMISE AND I HAVE NOTHING TO SHOOT!
GET SOME CREDIBILITY AND FOLLOW THROUGH ON YOUR PROMISE!
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby Hoot » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:07 pm

BillytheKid wrote:If they're not California compliant non lead projectiles, they don't help me and I have to continue to tell everyone in California not to purchase a .450 Bushmaster caliber rifle.
DO YOU HEAR ME HORNADY? DO YOU HEAR ME REMINGTON? YOU BROKE YOUR PROMISE AND I HAVE NOTHING TO SHOOT!
GET SOME CREDIBILITY AND FOLLOW THROUGH ON YOUR PROMISE!

William;

If you're not already registered, get your email plugged into notification in case these come back into stock. Don't pay no mind to what Midway says about a "one time run". They say that all the time.

Link Here.

Be prepared to move fast if you get the call. I missed the window of opportunity by something like 15 minutes.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby commander faschisto » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:35 pm

Big Green "claims" they're going to finally, extremely belatedly, produce some 275gr Barnes copper TSX Hog Hammer rounds in the second quarter of this year...we shall see, of course. Hornady seems to have lost interest in the 450b with the exception of changing the color of the box they come in...
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby buckeye3405 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:40 pm

I have some of the Xcaliber 225gr loads to test., I'll be posting results soon.
buckeye3405

Postby Hoot » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:48 am

buckeye3405 wrote:I have some of the Xcaliber 225gr loads to test., I'll be posting results soon.

Can you post a quality closeup of one?

Thanks,

Hoot
Hoot

Postby commander faschisto » Wed May 24, 2017 7:46 am

More new factory load news: I got an email from Underwood Ammo this morning that they are going to start loading the 450b in StarLine brass very soon and get it out for testing, and presumably for sale fairly quickly. Not sure what boolits they're planning on, but I suggested some of our handload favorites along with a courteous suggestion that they emphasize a tight neck crimp and hot primer...so keep an eye on their website. Underwood makes really top-notch factory loads, so I'd expect their 450b loadings to be well done also.
:D
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member

commander faschisto

Postby drt4lfe » Tue May 30, 2017 9:01 am

Trump already killed the lead ammo ban in California.....which did not take full effect till 2019 anyway.....this will be a court case at some point in the future....
drt4lfe

Postby commander faschisto » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:51 am

Imagine my surprise!...Big Green has, yet again, failed to keep their word about producing 450b Hog Hammer rounds "sometime" during Q2 of this year, which you may notice is now two weeks in the past. Why do we even talk to those people any more? I have lost count of the number of times their happy-clappy PR has raised our hopes of some sort of support from Remington (and not just with the 450b...) only to have them crushed under the wheels of Big Green reality. I quit buying Remington products years ago, with the exception of a 30RAR for historical purposes, and their latest betrayal has not improved my attitude toward their lying asses.

:x :x :x
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member

commander faschisto

Postby go2boats » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:28 pm

commander.........

I've been on here since 2010....bought the rifle....

Now Ruger makes three versions..others making AR's ,parts and accessories....There must be a growing interest in it....

If you don't hand load or have access to it you're stuck....I have the dies/components but no time or space to reload until I move again which will be this fall.

I'm pretty tired of no availability to anything other than the Hornady 250 load or Rems 260.....It would be nice to see the Barnes 275 or a faster 200gr load....

I keep hearing hold on and wait but they haven't come through.....pretty frustrating......

...I have called on numerous occasions to inquire....
go2boats

PreviousNext

Return to AR15 Style Rifles