MidwayUSA discontinued a bunch of 450BM stuff.

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

MidwayUSA discontinued a bunch of 450BM stuff.

Postby TonyRumore » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:35 pm

Looking at Midway's website, it looks like either Bushmaster themselves or Midway has discontinued the following 450 Bushmaster items.

450 BM Barrels
Hornady 450 BM ammo
5rd 450BM magazines
10rd 450BM magazines
16 and 20" uppers are showing "unavailable - limited production" as well as Remington ammo.

Anyone have any insight on this?

Tony
TonyRumore

Re: MidwayUSA discontinued a bunch of 450BM stuff.

Postby Bmt85 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:25 pm

-Well, since I've been playing with the 450 bushmaster (about a year and a half), I haven't seen Midway sell just barrels.
-It looks like they dropped (or hornady did) the original hornady ammo for the black. AFAIK, they are the same thing.
-They currently have 5rd mags in stock, and they haven't offered 10rd mags for a while.
-The uppers and Remington ammo seem to be seasonal, usually show up around fall, from what I remember.
Bmt85

Postby Thom28 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:10 pm

Just looked on MidwayUSA website:

http://www.midwayusa.com/s?userSearchQu ... PerPage=48

I believe as Bmt85 said, that the Remington ammo is a seasonal item and will be available later this summer. I don't believe they have had any BM upper in stock in over a year. I am on the list for notification when they come in and I have not heard anything in at least a year.
The "Black Box" Hornady ammo is exactly the same as previous Hornady ammo. As explained to me by a Hornady representative it is a marketing ploy.

Thom
U.S. Army Veteran
NRA Life Member

"From My Cold Dead Hands."-Charlton Heston 2000
Thom28

Postby earlwb » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:16 am

I was at Cabelas the other day and I noticed that Hornady seems to have changed the boxes on their 450BM ammo. The rounds now come in a dark color box named "Black" Ammunition. So maybe they are just rebranding it or something. Thus other businesses may be selling out old stock and not showing the new boxes. It looks to be a little lower in cost too. Cabelas is selling the full rifle now and not the upper assembly only.

ref http://www.cabelas.com/product/shooting ... type%3DGNU
earlwb

Postby Hoot » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:29 pm

earlwb wrote:I was at Cabelas the other day and I noticed that Hornady seems to have changed the boxes on their 450BM ammo. The rounds now come in a dark color box named "Black" Ammunition. So maybe they are just rebranding it or something. Thus other businesses may be selling out old stock and not showing the new boxes. It looks to be a little lower in cost too. Cabelas is selling the full rifle now and not the upper assembly only.

ref http://www.cabelas.com/product/shooting ... type%3DGNU

Yeah, its pretty accepted knowledge now that the Black ammo line is just marketing spin.
Prior to getting bought and sold, Bushmaster used to do a 450b rifle and upper production run right around Easter. Not sure is they still follow that model or if new ownership has changed the rules. Things often get hardest to find just before they become plentiful again. Helps vendors clear out N.O.S. Just sayin'...

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby T3BEAR » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:52 pm

I wonder if it has anything to do with this,

"You folks may find it of interest that Windham Weaponry will soon have a rifle available in this caliber. Also all of the parts for 450 Bushmaster will be available through us. We are calling the rifle the "450 THUMPER"
T3BEAR

Postby MOOSE EARS » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:49 pm

The 450BM uppers only last a week or so when they get a batch in stock. There's a very high demand for them, usually.
MOOSE EARS

Return to AR15 Style Rifles