Newbie with newbie questions!

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Newbie with newbie questions!

Postby Muddslinger556 » Sat May 06, 2017 9:36 am

Hi everybody
I am new to the forum and 450b. I have a few questions and I'm sure they've been asked before but when I looked at the last few pages I couldn't find the answers ,so here I go.
1. I'm looking at Gryphon uppers are they good quality and do they ship fairly fast ?
2. Buffer weight , will a carbine buffer from a 556 Ar work or will I need something heavier?
3. This will be a hunting rifle what one of triggers are you fellows using?
I live in Ohio and the ODNR just made this caliber good to hunt with so I'm sure there will be other Buckeyes asking similar questions lol. Thanks for looking and I hope to learn more about this caliber!
Muddslinger556

Re: Newbie with newbie questions!

Postby Hoot » Sat May 06, 2017 9:22 pm

Welcome Aboard OM!

I can not speak to the first two items but I use Rock River Arms 2-stage triggers on all my lowers. Shop around for the lowest price. I picked one up for my 30 RAR lower that is the Varmint version and I like it a lot. Best price by a long shot came from AR Sales. Get the 3.5 pound. commander faschisto has the same one.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Thom28 » Sun May 07, 2017 5:40 am

Hoot wrote:Welcome Aboard OM!

I can not speak to the first two items but I use Rock River Arms 2-stage triggers on all my lowers. Shop around for the lowest price. I picked one up for my 30 RAR lower that is the Varmint version and I like it a lot. Best price by a long shot came from AR Sales. Get the 3.5 pound. commander faschisto has the same one.

Hoot

Hoot,
Was it 3 1/2# right out of box with no polishing or other work required?
Thom
U.S. Army Veteran
NRA Life Member

"From My Cold Dead Hands."-Charlton Heston 2000
Thom28

Postby Al in Mi » Sun May 07, 2017 6:56 am

Muddslinger556 wrote:Hi everybody
I am new to the forum and 450b. I have a few questions and I'm sure they've been asked before but when I looked at the last few pages I couldn't find the answers ,so here I go.
1. I'm looking at Gryphon uppers are they good quality and do they ship fairly fast ?
2. Buffer weight , will a carbine buffer from a 556 Ar work or will I need something heavier?
3. This will be a hunting rifle what one of triggers are you fellows using?
I live in Ohio and the ODNR just made this caliber good to hunt with so I'm sure there will be other Buckeyes asking similar questions lol. Thanks for looking and I hope to learn more about this caliber!

If Gryphon has it in stock, it's out in a day or two. Dave's barrels are tack drivers.

Standard carbine buffer will work, buddy used a H2 in his Gryphon build, no issues.

Like Hoot, I run RRA 2 stage triggers in most everything , and yes Thom, mine all break at 3.5# as dropped in.
Al in Mi

Postby Hoot » Sun May 07, 2017 7:45 am

Thom28 wrote:Hoot,
Was it 3 1/2# right out of box with no polishing or other work required?
Thom

Yes Thom. No shimming, no polishing, though I did put a pin head dot of Dow Corning MolyKote G-n paste right where the sear engages the hammer. I do that on all my firearms though. I also brush a little of it on my bolt lugs using a flux brush.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Return to AR15 Style Rifles